NL EAST

WilliamTell

Every team is within 1.5 games so of now. The Washington Nationals are in first place and .5 games ahead of the Atlanta Braves. The Florida Marlins were in first place 2 days ago and are now in last place. I'm sure the Nationals will tail off, but it's fun to see.

I expect the Braves and Marlins to eventually pull away from the pack. I really don't see the Nationals staying up top. Amazingly the Nationals don't have a single pitcher averaging 9 K's per 9 innings, they have to be the worst strikeout club in baseball. Their defense is good enough to allow the pitchers to let the hitter put it in play and still get outs, but I still don't think it will last.

i would love to see the nationals walk out of that division with a title, i think the fact that they are now in dc helps their playing, but also makes baltimore play harder to gain a fan base stolen by the nationals, the wildcard WILL come out of this division

i like the mets... cuz they're my brothers fav team... but i'm always pulling for them tho their pitching really sucks... they have the hitting to go far but aside from pedro their rotation's nothing special...

but still i'll be rooting for them

I think the most amazing thing about the NL East right now is that it seems almost certain that the wild card will come out of the Central or the West.

Think about it...right now there are 5 teams in the NL East above .500. Each of those teams has to play the teams in its division 19 times. That makes nearly 80 games for each and every team there against a team which is currently .500 or better. There is no one, like the Royals for us...for those teams to beat up on.

This gives teams like the Cubs, DBacks, Padres, etc. a huge advantage - they can go to Colorado, Pittsburgh, and so on 19 times during the year, and beat up on those terrible teams, while those 5 in the NL East slug it out with each other for the division.

It'll probably be a heck of a run in the NL East, but I wouldn't want to finish up 2nd in that division, because it just might be close all year.