GO GO WHITE SOX

TLAK

At Wednesday’s game, when Podsednik got on my brother started the Go-Go chant. I joined in but was surprised that nobody else did. There was a day when old Comisky thundered with it. When a Sox base runner took his lead, the crowd would chant GO…GO…GO... as the pitcher went into his stretch. Now that I think about it, Go-Go was popular long before most of the crowd was even born. Sox-Talk is an eclectic group, I wonder if any of you have any idea what I’m talking about. I’d love to see the chant come back.

Let's Go Go Go White Sox

We're with you all the way

You're always in there fighting and you do your best

We're glad to have you out here in the Middle West

We're gonna' root root root root White Sox

And cheer you on to Victory

When we're in the stands you'll hear those rafters ring

All through the season you can hear us sing

Let's Go Go Go White Sox

Chicago's proud of you!

White Sox! White Sox!! Go Go White Sox!!!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Umm I think you are thinking of major league, where Willie Mays Hayes takes a lead they all chant go go go.

Umm. No. He knows what he is talking about. Old Comiskey Park used to rock to the Go Go chant. I can still hear it .... Aparicio takes his lead off first .... and the crowd "Go Go Go Go Go Go"

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:21 AM)
Umm.  No.  He knows what he is talking about. Old Comiskey Park used to rock to the Go Go chant.  I can still hear it .... Aparicio takes his lead off first .... and the crowd "Go Go Go Go Go Go"

It's a great chant, you don't need a guitar, it has a good beat and the words are easy to remember...

Wow am I old or what? Yasny is right of course but the whole go go thing started in 1951 when the Sox rocketed out to a 32-12 start after three decades of mostly bad baseball. The fifties and sixties White Sox always had plenty of speed, and many still refer to the 1951-1967 White Sox as the go go era. By the way, those 17 straight winning seasons are I believe the third longest streak in MLB history.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:21 AM)
Umm.  No.  He knows what he is talking about. Old Comiskey Park used to rock to the Go Go chant.  I can still hear it .... Aparicio takes his lead off first .... and the crowd "Go Go Go Go Go Go"

I've heard about this, from my dad. It sounds as if it would be really cool (and loud) if you got everyone doing it in the stadium. No other park in the league does anything like this and it's certainly simple enough that it would catch on throughout a stadium. Plus anything to intimidate a pitcher a little bit and get Iguchi, Thomas, and Konerko one or two more fastballs.