White Sox vs. Rockies 6/6 game thread

Dam8610

Off a tough loss against the Indians, the Sox will head out to hitter heaven aka Coors Field and face a Rockies team that is 2nd worst in all of baseball. Their staff has done poorly all year and the road ace will be going for the Sox. Should be talking about a White Sox winner at the end of this thread.

:gosox1:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a HUGE game IMHO.

Gotta prove that we weren't phased by a tough loss and having to fly to the west after a getawayday turned marathon.

Huge game for Freddy with a taxed pen.

Just seems like a big big game to me.

2 of 3 is a must.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
How exactly would we play an NL West team in a wildcard? What are you talking about?

2 years ago we played the nl west in wild card remeber Barry Bonds hit 2 homeruns agaist Colon that was at home, but when we played on the road we lost 2/3 agaist the Dodgers and im preety sure we did agaist the Dbacks too and i meant interleague my bad

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
The Sox shouldn't do too bad, I know we go against Kennedy and Kim and I think Francis and they all are having horrible years, it better not change when we stroll in. With that said we shouldn't do too bad.

Who isnt having a bad year on the rockies besides Barmes :lolhitting

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
2 years ago we played the nl west in wild card remeber Barry Bonds hit 2 homeruns agaist Colon that was at home, but when we played on the road we lost 2/3 agaist the Dodgers and im preety sure we did agaist the Dbacks too and i meant interleague my bad

Bonds only hit one homerun in that game off Colon in the 9th. Colon also struck him out the three previous at-bats. I know, as I was there.

We lost 2/3 in Arizona and won 2/3 in LA. We also took 2/3 over SD at home.

Jeff Francis is 4-0 at Coors Field with a 2.93 ERA. Horrible

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Bonds only hit one homerun in that game off Colon in the 9th.  Colon also struck him out the three previous at-bats.  I know, as I was there.

We lost 2/3 in Arizona and won 2/3 in LA.

wow i was alittle off

Run, run, run, boys;

With a third of the season complete, the Rockies have thrown out only two runners attempting to steal. Opposing base stealers are 40-for-42 against the Rockies — 17-for-18 against rookie J.D. Closser and 23-for-24 against veteran Todd Greene. Closser caught the Reds' Felipe Lopez on Saturday night, Greene caught the Padres' Ryan Klesko earlier this season.

Eric Chavez hit another home run today, he now has 7 and is batting .236. The guy is absolutely on fire.

Dump Cruddy and some prospects for him. If Beane wants to move him and Kenny and Jerry truly want to win this season, they will make the move.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Dump Cruddy and some prospects for him.  If Beane wants to move him and Kenny and Jerry truly want to win this season, they will make the move.

Here we go again!

Garcia v. Kennedy

Count v. Kim

Duque v. Francis

I like the first two, but Francis is a crafty lefty and he may give them trouble. But first things first. Let's get the trip started off in style with a win.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Naturally, we have our three offspeed pitchers pitching in Colorado. I hope Freddy stops being so damn in love with his curve and slider, just for this game, because his stuff will flatten out in a second in Colorado. And Duque? In Colorado? Oh God...