White Sox vs. Rockies 6/6 game thread

Dam8610

We are going to have problems against the Rockies because we will have to play without Frank and Everett

I wish Ozzie would just bench Paulie's ass and play Everett at 1B once in a while. Paulie is so useless it is not even funny anymore. I hope we do not even think about re-signing his over-rated ass in the off season.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
Naturally, we have our three offspeed pitchers pitching in Colorado. I hope Freddy stops being so damn in love with his curve and slider, just for this game, because his stuff will flatten out in a second in Colorado. And Duque? In Colorado? Oh God...

Imagine Freddy, EL Duque and Count trying to hit now :D

We are going to have problems against the Rockies because we will have to play without Frank and Everett

I wish Ozzie would just bench Paulie's ass and play Everett at 1B once in a while. Paulie is so useless it is not even funny anymore. I hope we do not even think about re-signing his over-rated ass in the off season.

What makes you think Everett can play 1st base? Didn't Timo teach you that it's a bad move? The errors Everett would have at 1st base would be worse than Paulie's crappy hitting.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)

Carl Everett career by position:

Pos  GP  GS  Inn
LF - 108 80  691.2
CF - 675 607 5318
RF - 296 239 2143
1B - 0   0   0

Carl Everet hasn't played a single inning at first base. He is a DH, he is an outfielder, he does not play first. You can't just start playing people at positions that they've never played before. This isn't the Cubs.

I figure Pauly, Uribe and Cruddy will all fall over trying to park every single pitch into the stands. This is way to much of a temptation for them.

Pods, Gooch and Arow run wild and free men. Run until you cant run anymore.

They really need to consider bringing Baj up in the next few weeks. His stats are pretty good in the bandbox and we need an infusion at right handed reliever. Do we trust Dingo to come into a game, especially in Coors.

We get to face Dingo's pitch-a-like in game two.

They really need to consider bringing Baj up in the next few weeks.  His stats are pretty good in the bandbox and we need an infusion at right handed reliever.  Do we trust Dingo to come into a game, especially in Coors.

We get to face Dingo's pitch-a-like in game two.

First, all of you people need to realize that Shingo is a very good pitcher, he just needs to pitch on a more consistant baises. He has had 2 bad outings this year, other then that his ERA has been close to 2.50, which is great for a RP. Everyone loved Shingo last year, and now that he started slow, everyone hates him. He started s***ty last year as well, and finshed 2nd in the ROY voting. So just lay off Shingo, because he is the least of the White Sox worries this year.

All of you people need to stop getting f***en hard over Baj. He isnt that good. He sucked last year when he came up, and he will suck balls again. If he was really THAT good, dont you think they would have brought him up over Walker? The only reason that you guys want him to be called up is because he posts on this f***en site. Thats it. WOW I post on this site, and throw 85+MPH, why doesnt everyone want me on the Sox. You dont cuz I am not good enough, just like Baj isnt good enough.

The Sox have better options to bring up if they need another arm in the pen. These options include:

Felix Diaz: He preformed great out of the pen in 04, sucked as a starter, but not out of the pen

Bobby Jenks: This kid throws HEAT. has good stuff. They only draw-back is his attitude, but Ozzie will not take his attitude and will straighten him up.

Sean Tracy: Impressed me in the Spring, and is doing good in the minors.

Josh Stewart, Dave Sanders, Corwin Malone, Ryan Meaux, Paulino Reynoso are also players that should get consideration to be called up if we think Baj should be called up.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
First, all of you people need to realize that Shingo is a very good pitcher, he just needs to pitch on a more consistant baises.  He has had 2 bad outings this year, other then that his ERA has been close to 2.50, which is great for a RP.  Everyone loved Shingo last year, and now that he started slow, everyone hates him.  He started s***ty last year as well, and finshed 2nd in the ROY voting.  So just lay off Shingo, because he is the least of the White Sox worries this year.

All of you people need to stop getting f***en hard over Baj.  He isnt that good.  He sucked last year when he came up, and he will suck balls again.  If he was really THAT good, dont you think they would have brought him up over Walker? The only reason that  you guys want him to be called up is because he posts on this f***en site.  Thats it.  WOW I post on this site, and throw 85+MPH, why doesnt everyone want me on the Sox.  You dont cuz I am not good enough, just like Baj isnt good enough. 

The Sox have better options to bring up if they need another arm in the pen.  These options include:

Felix Diaz:  He preformed great out of the pen in 04, sucked as a starter, but not out of the pen

Bobby Jenks:  This kid throws HEAT.  has good stuff.  They only draw-back is his attitude, but Ozzie will not take his attitude and will straighten him up.

Sean Tracy:  Impressed me in the Spring, and is doing good in the minors.

Josh Stewart, Dave Sanders, Corwin Malone, Ryan Meaux, Paulino Reynoso are also players that should get consideration to be called up if we think Baj should be called up.

You obviously know nothing about the minors, especially if you're lumping Bajenaru in with Sanders and Stewart. Malone is giving up far too many hits per 9, but he's coming back from elbow surgery last year. Meaux is a soft tosser who will get his brains beat in in the majors. Doesn't strike out enough people and gives up too many hits, throws 85 tops. Reynoso walks more men than Damaso Marte.

Felix Diaz needs to hone is slider more, as it's a joke of a pitch. The thing barely moves, and his changeup isn't a plus pitch by any stretch of the imagination. Jenks probably won't sniff the majors due to precautionary reasons due to his attitude. Tracey is a starter and still walks too many people, he's still a year off.

You're flat out ignorant on Bajenaru and you should just shut the f*** up about him. It's not only that he posts here, but look at his numbers. He's got a 1 ERA pitching in a bandbox, but you've probably never been there to understand how small Knights Stadium is. You're critiquing him on such a small sample space, and I can probably assure you that Baj could put up better numbers than Shingo given the chance to pitch in the bigs.

I can probably assure you that Baj could put up better numbers than Shingo given the chance to pitch in the bigs.

Shingo has done it before, Baj hasnt, so how can you assure me that he will put up better numbers? you cant. the point of my post is that there are more options in the minors then just Baj, but everyone loves him because he posts here. Thats not an opinion, thats a fact.

You obviously know nothing about the minors, especially if you're lumping Bajenaru in with Sanders and Stewart. Malone is giving up far too many hits per 9, but he's coming back from elbow surgery last year. Meaux is a soft tosser who will get his brains beat in in the majors. Doesn't strike out enough people and gives up too many hits, throws 85 tops. Reynoso walks more men than Damaso Marte.

Felix Diaz needs to hone is slider more, as it's a joke of a pitch. The thing barely moves, and his changeup isn't a plus pitch by any stretch of the imagination. Jenks probably won't sniff the majors due to precautionary reasons due to his attitude. Tracey is a starter and still walks too many people, he's still a year off.

You're flat out ignorant on Bajenaru and you should just shut the f*** up about him. It's not only that he posts here, but look at his numbers. He's got a 1 ERA pitching in a bandbox, but you've probably never been there to understand how small Knights Stadium is. You're critiquing him on such a small sample space, and I can probably assure you that Baj could put up better numbers than Shingo given the chance to pitch in the bigs.

Your right I shouldnt put Baj in with Sanders and Stewart, because Baj's ERA is double then the other two in the majors.

Meaux doenst throw fast? WOW since when do you need to throw heat to be a good pitcher? How fast does Buehrle pitch, or what about Maddux, or how about Shingo?

Diaz needs improvment, doesnt everyone? if you read what I put, he had success in the pen last year, why not try it again.

Jenks has some issues, as I put in my other post, so I dont know what your tring to prove there.

I should shut the f*** up??? why is that, because I am right and you dont have anything to prove to me that he can pitch in the Majors???

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
My brother and I will be at the game tonight.  We had better kick some ass.

lucky, ive been to coors, awesome field, you should see a high scoring good game tonight

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
First, all of you people need to realize that Shingo is a very good pitcher, he just needs to pitch on a more consistant baises.  He has had 2 bad outings this year, other then that his ERA has been close to 2.50, which is great for a RP.  Everyone loved Shingo last year, and now that he started slow, everyone hates him.  He started s***ty last year as well, and finshed 2nd in the ROY voting.  So just lay off Shingo, because he is the least of the White Sox worries this year.

According to you Shingo Takatsu has only had two bad outings this year so I'm assuming these are the two you're talking about:

DATE    OPP  RESULT   IP    H    R   ER   HR   BB   SO
Apr. 7  CLE  L 11-5  0.2    4    3   3    3    1    1
May. 29 @TEX L 12-4  1.0    4    4   4    2    1    1

Shingo has had 4 other outings of 1 inning or less where he gave up 1 earned run. So by that logic if a pitcher goes 1 inning and gives up 1 earned run it is not a bad outing. So then we should probably go back to last year and check Jeff Bajenaru's outings shouldn't we?

DATE    OPP  RESULT   IP    H    R   ER   HR   BB   SO
Sep. 4  SEA  W 8-7   0.1    3    3   3    0    0    0
Sep. 12 @LAA L 11-0  1.0    4    4   4    0    1    2

Bajenaru had two outing last year that would be deamed bad by your standards, he also had 3 other outings of 1 inning or less and 1 earned run.

So if you're going to give Shingo more time to prove that he can be a reliable pitcher again, you should probably give Baj a chance to prove that he can be a reliable pitcher on the major league level especially considering how his numbers at Charlotte currently look like this:

W L ERA  G  GS CG SHO SV IP   H   R ER HR BB SO
1 1 1.01 25 0  0  0   5  26.2 14  5 3  2  15 30

Bajenaru has the best stats of any pitcher currently in AA or AAA. A couple of the guys you mentioned aren't pitching nearly as well as Baj and their in AA. You shouldn't just look at a span of 10 innings that a pitcher put together during his September callup and say that there are better pitchers. You should instead take a look at all factors and then reavaluate your line of thinking.