farmteam

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Cunningham

MLB.COM

COMMENT: LF w/ excellent overall strength. Similar to Darren Bragg. Can handle wooden bat. Fervent in hitting approach. Very good speed on the bases and could be a good base-stealer in the future. Energetic young player.

Edited by WHarris1

I know you can't really tell much but on his mlb.com video he looks like a smooth defender.

He starts his stance wide open then squares when the pitch is coming.

Just random s*** I get from this video.

Nice wheels as well

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Austin Jackson has not been picked yet.  I guess teams were scared off by his desire to play point guard at GT next season.  Looks like that decision is going to cost him a lot of money.

That and the fact that he played like an uninterested dog all season.

Daniel Cortez

MLB.COM

COMMENT: Tall, wiry, lean frame. Similar to Bronson Arroyo. Quick fairly loose arm. Turns over two-seam FB for sink action down & in. Young fresh arm. Good athlete

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
That and the fact that he played like an uninterested dog all season.

Yeah, I noticed that his high school numbers were extremely mediocre this season for someone who was supposed to be such a stud. Looks like Paul Hewitt will actually get Austin Jackson on campus next year

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Freaking guy can rake JC pitching.  .465 with 10 HR and 54 RBI.  Also 11 SB's, 10 2B's and 4 3B's

He's only a freshman. Very young, born in 1986. Pretty good pick at this point IMO.

I agree with the guy who said there was disappointment in selecting Brooks, but that has been said about Whisler and Harrell and several others of late by the Sox who have turned out well. I'll wait until I know more, but again, that pick did NOT impress me with some of the other talent still on the board. He could have been had later.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
He's only a freshman.  Very young, born in 1986.  Pretty good pick at this point IMO.

I agree with the guy who said there was disappointment in selecting Brooks, but that has been said about Whisler and Harrell and several others of late by the Sox who have turned out well.  I'll wait until I know more, but again, that pick did NOT impress me with some of the other talent still on the board.  He could have been had later.

I ask again what is whisler doing?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Yeah, I noticed that his high school numbers were extremely mediocre this season for someone who was supposed to be such a stud.  Looks like Paul Hewitt will actually get Austin Jackson on campus next year

Yep. I'm somewhat surprised. Kid could have been a first rounder, but for some reason wants to be a PG. There are 12-15 roster spots per NBA team. A first rounder has 4-5 years to make it in baseball plus the million in signing bonuses and college tuition paid in the future...

One thing I know about baseball: If you heart and mind aren't 100% into it, your physical tools mean nothing.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
I ask again what is whisler doing?

Not bad. He missed about a month of the season but is back in the rotation with Winston Salem. 3.90 ERA in 30 innings of work. He's given up 26 hits while striking out 24

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Yep.  I'm somewhat surprised.  Kid could have been a first rounder, but for some reason wants to be a PG.  There are 12-15 roster spots per NBA team.  A first rounder has 4-5 years to make it in baseball plus the million in signing bonuses and college tuition paid in the future...

One thing I know about baseball:  If you heart and mind aren't 100% into it, your physical tools mean nothing.

Funny thing is that his basketball ranking dropped a lot as well. He went from being a fringe top 50 player to being ranked in the bottom part of the top 100. Hewitt has said he's the fastest player he's ever recruited though. He'll have a ton of playing time at pg next year at GT if he actually goes to college.