Official Draft Talk Thread

farmteam

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Yeah, Jim, I'll do my best.

Before it starts -- lots of people like Cliff Robinson, the UofI catcher, going to the Sox in round four or five?  Can anyone talk about him a little bit?  Good defensively?  Bad?  Power guy?  Plate discipline?

CHRIS Robinson. Great arm, good defensively, a little inconsistent at the plate, but a good leader and game-caller. Has decent power. Projects to hit a bit like Taylor Teagarden but a tad below in terms of defense. Not as highly hyped and ballyhoo'ed as Teagarden.

First pick is delayed because the Yanks aren't on the conference call yet.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
Jason -- since you get a lot of San Diego news, is Sandy Alderson going to have a hand in the Padres draft yet, or will that not happen until next year?

I'm sure he's been around it, but there is no way he's going to hvae much of a call on this years draft. He got there just too late. Now he'll be involved but not majorly.

Upton was just drafted #1 overall as the draft finally starts. It started late because the Yanks weren't there for the roll call.

Gordon is a real good pick. Total stud of a hitter. The mariners pick will be an interesting one because they are looking at two guys the Sox would love to have fall to them.

Jeff Clement has been selected 3rd overall :headbang (I didn't want him).

Wow, Braun goes off the board. I tell you one thing its too bad this crop of college 3rd baseman weren't around last year cause they are all better than Josh Fields (not a knock on Fields, more so these 3 guys are very very talented).

Braun is the 1st Miami player to go in the 1st RD, Carillo will be the next.