Jose Contreras the All - Star?

DBAHO

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Which is why I said with run support.

He would have a lot more wins with run support.  Too bad wins are the most overrated stat on the planet, but that's another debate for another day.

He shocked me with how well he is doing. :gosox1: and go Jose :D .

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
He shocked me with how well he is doing.  :gosox1: and go Jose :D .

Yes, Jose has been a pleasant shock. Still, he's always had the talent. Having his family with him and El Duque around has apparently helped him get his brain functioning.

Just bumping this Contreras thread because of this little piece I found;

Angels manager Mike Scioscia on White Sox right-hander Jose Contreras: "He's a different guy than he was with the Yankees. You could always see the arm. Now he has the command to match. He has the ability to throw his split-finger with command. That's a tough combination."

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
Really, guys. Focus on the real games ahead, not on an exhibition weeks away. We're not safely in first by a long shot.

That'd be correct, but what part of Jose Contreras deserves All-Star consideration is not 100% vaild.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
If he ever had a prayer, it's now long gone.  Today he's reverting back to his old self.

I knew this was coming. You do realize that before tonight he hasn't given up anymore than 4 earned runs in any of his previous starts? Jose flat doesn't have it tonight. No big deal.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

How'd I guess this thread would get bumped?

He as a s***ball outing, really the first one I've seen him have this year, and *poof* this comes up.

You're right, though, he won't be an ASG pitcher, but he wouldn't have been before tonight anyway.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
I knew this was coming.  You do realize that before tonight he hasn't given up anymore than 4 earned runs in any of his previous starts?  Jose flat doesn't have it tonight.  No big deal.

You do realize that I was just telling the truth, right? Before tonight's game, his only chance of ever getting to the All-Star game would be his ERA. Now, he has no chance of making it. I'm not s***ting on Contreras at all. But hey, put words in my mouth all you want.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
You do realize that I was just telling the truth, right?  Before tonight's game, his only chance of ever getting to the All-Star game would be his ERA.  Now, he has no chance of making it.  I'm not s***ting on Contreras at all.  But hey, put words in my mouth all you want.

Today he's reverting back to his old self.

That was what I was responding to. If you didn't mean it to imply that Jose from 2004 was back, I apologize.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
That was what I was responding to.  If you didn't mean it to imply that Jose from 2004 was back,  I apologize.

Just pointing out that he's having a day like he used to have. But I guess it does sound like I'm ripping on him. No need for apologies, let's just forget it.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
NEVER LET JOSE PITCH WITHOUT AJ CATCHING.

I have a solution. Everytime he shakes off the catcher who is calling a fastball to throw his splitter for the 4th time in a row. The catcher should call time, calmly walk out to the pitchers mound, and drop to one knee and punch him in the jimmy. When Jose gets up after vomitting. The catcher says, dont ever shake me off again meat.

That would take care of Jose, and he would pitch like an ace.

I have a solution. Everytime he shakes off the catcher who is calling a fastball to throw his splitter for the 4th time in a row.  The catcher should call time, calmly walk out to the pitchers mound, and drop to one knee and punch him in the jimmy.  When Jose gets up after vomitting.  The catcher says, dont ever shake me off again meat.

That would take care of Jose, and he would pitch like an ace.

Punch him square in the c***-reras.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Punch him square in the c***-reras.

I dont understand why they even give the option of Jose shaking the catcher off. There should be an understanding that Conteras doesnt have a say in what pitchers are called. In his opinion the splitter is the only pitch and should be thrown in all situations. And walking the bases loaded with splitters calls for another splitter. Take his melon out of it, and make him a robot. The catcher puts down the sign, and the count throws the pitch. Dont let this guy think, its a nightmare.