Sox should run wild at Coors

Ozzie and Pods should be licking their chops at the opps they have to run freakin wild on the Rox. I know Cruddy, Uribe and the rest of the Walker fixed hitters will be swingly wildly for the fences, but we shouldnt abandon smallball at coors.

With a third of the season complete, the Rockies have thrown out only two runners attempting to steal. Opposing base stealers are 40-for-42 against the Rockies — 17-for-18 against rookie J.D. Closser and 23-for-24 against veteran Todd Greene. Closser caught the Reds' Felipe Lopez on Saturday night, Greene caught the Padres' Ryan Klesko earlier this season. The Mets, with Mike Piazza doing the majority of the catching, are nearly as bad. Opposing base stealers are 45-for-49, 42-for-46 against Piazza.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
I wonder where we rank...we give up lots of steals too... :chair

Yeah, but a couple pitchers do a good job keeping them on first. That helps. I would bet that this stat about Colorado has a lot to do with the pitchers.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Yeah, but a couple pitchers do a good job keeping them on first. That helps. I would bet that this stat about Colorado has a lot to do with the pitchers.

Dookie and Count are bad at keeping runners on...must be a Cuban thing. Freddie taint so great himself.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
Dookie and Count are bad at keeping runners on...must be a Cuban thing.  Freddie taint so great himself.

A couple. MB and Garland aren't too bad and that helps keep them numbers down. We would probably be just as bad as the Mets without them. Remember, a pickoff is a CS.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
A couple. MB and Garland aren't too bad and that helps keep them numbers down. We would probably be just as bad as the Mets without them. Remember, a pickoff is a CS.

Yeah, Scottie's been picked off several times.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
I said this before and I'll say it again.  After seeing this stat, I will be genuinely disappointed if Pods doesn't steal at least 8 bags in this series.  Imagine how badly we'll f*** with their heads if we're just steals bases left and right at will.  Hell, I'd even send Uribe a lot.

Uribe needs to get on base first before he thinks of stealing!