To Upgade at the deadline, who would you trade?

maggsmaggs

To Upgade at the deadline, who would you be willing to trade?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. To Upgade at the deadline, who would you be willing to trade?

• Ryan Sweeney
    • Brian Anderson
    • Brandon McCarthy
    • Gio Gonzalez

I think we need Sweeney's bat eventually, and I think its bad timing for Brian to be this good right now, when there isnt room for him for at least a year. Trade him, and Trade BMAC, the rest, no way.

Gio WILL be a better pitcher than BMAC some day.

We have proven for over a decade now that we are a quality organization when it comes to producing thumping OFers. That puts Anderson & Sweeney at the top of the list IMO.

On the flip side we have traded high & wide for pitching & have little to show for it. That only increases BMac's value to the WSox.

I think Kenny will trade Anderson b/c we have Jermaine this year and next, Pods and Rowand will definately back next year. So there would be no room for Anderon. I wouldn't even mind it that much since we still have Owens, Sweeney and Young. Anderson and Crede with maybe some other lower level prospects could net Baez and Huff.

At this point, Brandon McCarthy. He is considered one of the top 15 prospects in the league right now. If he turns into an Ace, then we traded away an ace for a high quality player (as I'm guessing we would be doing). If he turns out to be a solid #3 starter or worse, than we traded him away at his peak trade value. I'm guessing this would be the case.

I voted Sweeney. He's more upside (risk) than performance at this point. He might bite you in the ass, but he also might not develop any power and become a .290/.340/.400 guy that isn't worth wasting a corner outfield spot on.

Anderson, I think, is a major league ready player. I'd personally rather have him on the roster than Dye, but that's not going to happen.

McCarthy just needs to resolve his dinger problem - not sure what that relates to - and he's a top of the rotation starter. Those are rare and must be preserved at all costs.

Gio Gonzalez is just too incredible at this point to even think about trading. He could be better than McCarthy. You can't even think about trading him until you see what he does in AA to know what he's got. Speaking of which, wasn't McCarthy moved up to Winston-Salem by about this point last year?

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
I voted Sweeney.  He's more upside (risk) than performance at this point.  He might bite you in the ass, but he also might not develop any power and become a .290/.340/.400 guy that isn't worth wasting a corner outfield spot on.

Anderson, I think, is a major league ready player.  I'd personally rather have him on the roster than Dye, but that's not going to happen.

McCarthy just needs to resolve his dinger problem - not sure what that relates to - and he's a top of the rotation starter.  Those are rare and must be preserved at all costs.

Gio Gonzalez is just too incredible at this point to even think about trading.  He could be better than McCarthy.  You can't even think about trading him until you see what he does in AA to know what he's got.  Speaking of which, wasn't McCarthy moved up to Winston-Salem by about this point last year?

Brian Anderson is the most likely to go guys. He is major league ready, which is a major requirement of getting a high priced arm or bat near the deadlline. Did you think it was Miggy who got the deal done for freddy or was it our major league ready OF prospect Reed.

Sweeney will be ready in 07. Which Ironically enough is when Dye 's contact is up. He has a sweet swing and we are getting away from the home runs. Plus Ozzie loves Sweeney ever since last years ST.

Pods in CF, Arow in RF and Sweeney in LF will probably be what it is in 07.