Speaking of Breaks...

nvxplorer

I just heard this on MLB Radio. The story is supposed to be in the Denver Post, but I can find nothing on the Post's website. If it's a joke, it's in very bad taste.

It was reported that ROY candidate Clint Barmes fell while carrying groceries up the stairs, and will undergo surgery tomorrow for a fractured left clavicle. Expected to be out 12 weeks. Barmes is batting .329 with 8 HR & 34 RBI.

What a way to go. It's a freak accident, but it certainly helps the Sox.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
I just heard this on MLB Radio. The story is supposed to be in the Denver Post, but I can find nothing on the Post's website. If it's a joke, it's in very bad taste.

It was reported that ROY candidate Clint Barmes fell while carrying groceries up the stairs, and will undergo surgery tomorrow for a fractured left clavicle. Expected to be out 12 weeks. Barmes is batting .329 with 8 HR & 34 RBI.

What a way to go. It's a freak accident, but it certainly helps the Sox.

No matter whether slippery feet is in or not, we need a sweep. :gosox1:

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=7231

Clint Barmes is expected to miss at least three months with a broken clavicle, ESPN reports.

Barmes was hurt carrying groceries last night. Desi Relaford will take over as the Rockies' primary shortstop, making Luis Gonzalez the everyday second baseman until Aaron Miles returns. The Rockies will probably call up Tim Olson to serve as a backup. Barmes' injury should help Miles and Garrett Atkins, as they will get to be everyday players without interference from Relaford. It will hurt Todd Helton, who now figures to get even fewer RBI chances.

For those of you old enough to remember, this reminds me of Carlos May's rookie year with the Sox, 1969.

Carlos was also headed for ROY honors when he blew his thumb off in a military training accident. Carlos lost just about all the power from his swing, but amazingly, went on to hit .285, .294 & .308 the following three years.

The ROY award went to Piniella that year (which he certainly deserved), and it looks like Barmes will miss out as well.

That large, loud string of profanity you heard coming from the far north was courtesy of yours truly. My savvy pickup at starting SS after Bobby Crosby went down early.

The two best FA options in my league are Julio Lugo and (ohgodohgodohgod) Neifi Freaking Perez!

I am not a happy camper right now.

Seriously, I hope he can come back and play as well as he had been. He was having a fantastic season.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
That large, loud string of profanity you heard coming from the far north was courtesy of yours truly.  My savvy pickup at starting SS after Bobby Crosby went down early.

The two best FA options in my league are Julio Lugo and (ohgodohgodohgod) Neifi Freaking Perez!

I am not a happy camper right now.

Seriously, I hope he can come back and play as well as he had been.  He was having a fantastic season.

I had Barmes starting at SS and Loretta starting at 2nd.

Barmes is a huge player for the Rockies and he is one of the few on the team who I'm not too comfortable facing. BUT I wouldnt get too excited about Barmes abscence.

Matt Holliday, OF, Col

Believe it or not, Clint Barmes now has competition in the race to lead Colorado in home batting average. After a sluggish start to the season, Holliday has caught fire. He started June on an 8-for-15 tear to raise his Coors Field average to .388 – just .010 points behind Barmes. Lately, he's been doing a little bit of everything. In Colorado's past 10 games, the former high school quarterback standout has two homers, three steals and eight runs scored. The Rockies, for the record, play their next six games at home.

per Yahoo

Looks like they have someone(besides Barmes and Helton) who can put some numbers on the scoreboard. But I still think we should pull out of there with 2 wins.

Rockies :bringit

:gosox1:

Edited by Ozzie Montana