Alot of sox fans in colorado

drowninginflame

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
Fairwheater fans.....The Sox are in first...thats why people are cheering....not because they are REAl Sox fans.

I see a lot of Sox hats,T-shirt and jerseys there! They must have got them at the fair weather store. :gosox2:

Edited by That funky motion

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Sox merchandise is always a top seller.  Sox fans are alot harder to find for some reason.

Well the merchandise is because it has probably one of the best logos in baseball. So many Hip-Hop people wear it(look at all the rappers wearing White Sox hats) and White Sox gear is more nice clothing than team apparel by most people.

I go to the games when they are in Anahiem, that doesn't make me a fairweather fan. A few posters are at the game tonight as well and 99% of posters here aren't fairweather fans.

I think its cool that there are so many Sox fans there cheering on our favorite team :cheers :headbang

I know I'll be cheering em on this weekend down in SD. :headbang :cheers

You know it does seem like there is always a decent amount of sox fans when we are on the road, maybe its because of WGN and they decided not to like the cubs or the Braves on TBS.

We do get a lot more national attention than a lot of teams thanks to WGN.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
hawk did say something about hearing about how many ex-chicagoans move to colorado.

If I were to live anywhere other than Orange County or Chicago, it would be Colorado. Its just a beautiful state with a lot of really nice parts. Weather isn't too shabby if your in the right spot either.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
Well the merchandise is because it has probably one of the best logos in baseball. So many Hip-Hop people wear it(look at all the rappers wearing White Sox hats) and White Sox gear is more nice clothing than team apparel by most people.

I see some people wearing Sox hats in NY, and when I ask them why they say because they like the logo.

It's Interleague baseball, people!

There are Sox fans everywhere! If the Sox were in Colorado 5 times a year, it wouldn't have been that loud. This is the first time they've ever been there so every Sox fan for miles around made plans for a special trip when they saw that on the schedule. There are always fans of the visiting team in every park. In interleague baseball it's more concentrated. It's not fair weather fans. Yes, there were probably some there, but that's not who you heard screaming.

Edited by mreye

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
It's Interleague baseball, people!

There are Sox fans everywhere! If the Sox were in Colorado 5 times a year, it wouldn't have been that loud. This is the first time they've ever been there so every Sox fan for miles around made plans for a special trip when they saw that on the schedule. There are always fans of the visiting team in every park. In interleague baseball it's more concentrated. It's not fair weather fans. Yes, there were probably some there, but that's not who you heard screaming.

I kinda wonder how many sox fans will be at Petco this weekend??

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)
I kinda wonder how many sox fans will be at Petco this weekend??

Probably not as many, because San Diego is a harder ticket to get. The park will be more full and you won't hear them as much as in Colorado. But, I'm sure the camera guys will be showing them.