AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
Ozzie predictably bats his lover and personal fluffer Mr. 197BA.

Well, he's a .194 hitter now.

Maybe the Sox could trade him for that Rockies starter tonight - Kennedy. He can't pitch worth a s***, but he's a .167 batter and can probably bunt much better than Timo.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
Well, he's a .194 hitter now.

Maybe the Sox could trade him for that Rockies starter tonight - Kennedy. He can't pitch worth a s***, but he's a .167 batter and can probably bunt much better than Timo.

Timo is one of our best bunters on the team as much as i hate to say it.

This is what you have to do against the crap teams. Not just win, but DOMINATE. I think this is the best Freddy has looked since he's been with us. 22 straight batters retired. That's sick. Now Jose has gotta keep it goin tomorrow night. I want a SWEEP. None of this 2 out of 3 garbage. Not against this team.

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

FREDDY: FLAT OUT AWESOME!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

This may be the perfect series for Sox' bats to wake up. Uribe really looked liked he was coming around. If our hitting and pitching are in sync, we can get on a big roll.

Anyway, let's get over 20 tomorrow finally!!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
This is what you have to do against the crap teams.  Not just win,  but DOMINATE.  I think this is the best Freddy has looked since he's been with us.  22 straight batters retired.  That's sick.  Now Jose has gotta keep it goin tomorrow night. I want a SWEEP.  None of this 2 out of 3 garbage. Not against this team.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :gosox1:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
FREDDY:  FLAT OUT AWESOME!!! :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

This may be the perfect series for Sox' bats to wake up.  Uribe really looked liked he was coming around.  If our hitting and pitching are in sync, we can get on a big roll.

If playing in Coors field isn't enough to wake up some batters, I don't know what is.

Somehow, I'm imagining the Sox finishing like 5th in the AL in batting average...but then having someone on Sportscenter point out that if you exclude the series at Coors field, the Sox were 9th or 10th.

I would just like to add that A.J. called a great game last night and had that clutch double! Way to go, babe!!!! :wub: :wub:

Garcia also had great control and :cheers to Shingo - hopefully this will give him a little more confidence!

Way to go Sox! :gosox3:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
Its worth noting again, that this is the first time in the history of interleague play that an AL pitcher threw a two hitter in Denver.

Actually, it's the lowest hit total in ANY interleague game, ever. Previously Anaheim (LA/California) and Texas threw 5 hitters.

QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
Actually, it's the lowest hit total in ANY interleague game, ever. Previously Anaheim (LA/California) and Texas threw 5 hitters.

i don't know, maybe i am reading what you said wrong but Houston threw a no hitter against the yankees in 2003

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
i don't know, maybe i am reading what you said wrong but Houston threw a no hitter against the yankees in 2003

Ah sorry, I misquoted my source.

The two hits allowed, in conjunction with Shingo Takatsu's scoreless ninth inning, were the fewest permitted by an American League pitching staff during Interleague Play in Denver. The Angels (2001) and Rangers (1998) previously gave up five in a game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I almost feel bad for Shingo. it's like "hey, it's the bottom of the ninth, we are winning by 6, hell let's put Shingo in there!"

Well at least he's getting some time. Without it he's not going to get any more consistent.

How interesting, I beleive before yesterday's game, Colorado had the WORST record in the majors, how ironic of a matchup. Of course the Royals have earned that spot now. We'll see what happens from there.

Edited by TheBigHurt