New Yorkers, or anyone else in the know

southsider2k5

Some friends and I are thinking of setting up a comedic style commuter blog for people who ride the South Shore train into Chicago. I wanted to show them a couple different blogs, but I only have the link to the CTA one. I seem to remember that there was a pretty excellent one for New York City, and if anyone has a link and/or a name, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
Some friends and I are thinking of setting up a comedic style commuter blog for people who ride the South Shore train into Chicago.  I wanted to show them a couple different blogs, but I only have the link to the CTA one.  I seem to remember that there was a pretty excellent one for New York City, and if anyone has a link and/or a name, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

I dunno if this is what you're talking about, but Soxy and a couple others I think have posted quips from the

Overheard in NY site.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:34 AM)
Some friends and I are thinking of setting up a comedic style commuter blog for people who ride the South Shore train into Chicago.  I wanted to show them a couple different blogs, but I only have the link to the CTA one.  I seem to remember that there was a pretty excellent one for New York City, and if anyone has a link and/or a name, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

Geek!

BTW, let me know when it's up. :ph34r:

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
Geek!

BTW, let me know when it's up.  :ph34r:

I want to try to do the same idea as those other two, the overheard in NY and this one from the CTA CTA Tattler, except having more stuff about the stupid conversations we have, and how many muggles we offend and run off. It has become almost a contest for us. I also want to get as many SS commuters as possible to contribute, that way we can cover as many trains as possible.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:39 AM)
I want to try to do the same idea as those other two, the overheard in NY and this one from the CTA CTA Tattler, except having more stuff about the stupid conversations we have, and how many muggles we offend and run off.  It has become almost a contest for us.  I also want to get as many SS commuters as possible to contribute, that way we can cover as many trains as possible.

Sounds cool.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
I'm from Indiana. I don't know what those words mean. :wacko:

The Pantagraphs are the metal things on top of the SS train that connect the train to the overhead wires.

You're Catholic right? You should know what Pergatory is...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:46 AM)
The Pantagraphs are the metal things on top of the SS train that connect the train to the overhead wires. 

You're Catholic right?  You should know what Pergatory is...

Yeah, I know. It should have been green. My cousin works for the railroad, so I know what pantagraphs are, and yes, I'm Catholic. Clever, but how many know what "those electric thingys on top of the train" are called?

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
Yeah, I know. It should have been green. My cousin works for the railroad, so I know what pantagraphs are, and yes, I'm Catholic. Clever, but how many know what "those electric thingys on top of the train" are called?

Me :bang I probably should have gotten that, but you never know. Personally I liked the obscurity of the name, and the joke that as a South Shore commuter, you get to skip pergatory because you have already been there. :) If anyone has other cool name ideas, feel free to contribute.

And mreye, if you are interested, I would love to have you as one of the posters to the blog. Nothing big, just when you see something funny, ironic, or entertaining, post it. It doesn't have to be an everyday thing or anything.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
Me :bang I probably should have gotten that, but you never know.  Personally I liked the obscurity of the name, and the joke that as a South Shore commuter, you get to skip pergatory because you have already been there.  :) If anyone has other cool name ideas, feel free to contribute.

And mreye, if you are interested, I would love to have you as one of the posters to the blog.  Nothing big, just when you see something funny, ironic, or entertaining, post it.  It doesn't have to be an everyday thing or anything.

Sure, no problem. No, I don't have any good name ideas. It's actually growing on me already, though.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Not bad.

Oooo, them nasty colors.  :puke

If you want to be able to post stuff, send me an email address to send you an invite to, and I will get you hooked up. After that, tell all of your south shore buddies about it.