"D" for Distinction

southsider2k5

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
I'll take a D for any of my subjects any day of the week.  :huh:

D's are a step above failing in the US. Grades go A (90-100%), B (80-90%), C (70-80%) D (60-70%) and F (under 59%)

BTW this was my favorite paragraph

The transcript shows that Kerry's freshman-year average was 71. He scored a 61 in geology, a 63 and 68 in two history classes, and a 69 in political science. His top score was a 79, in another political science course. Another of his strongest efforts, a 77, came in French class.

He got a 69 and 79 in Poly Sci, and got a 77 in French of all classes :lol:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
D's are a step above failing in the US.  Grades go A (90-100%), B (80-90%), C (70-80%) D (60-70%) and F (under 59%)

BTW this was my favorite paragraph

He got a 69 and 79 in Poly Sci, and got a 77 in French of all classes :lol:

I didn't catch that. Nice! :lol:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
With both of them, it just goes to show you that its not what you know...

It's who you're married to/related to?

Man, with my college gpa I guess I'm over qualified for the presidency. :D

How did the American public get bamboozeled so badly by these two idiots? I think it also says something about the American public and how much people give a damn about being informed & the media's coverage (or more accurately, the lack thereof) of the election cycles. Hell, the two parties make up the rules and run the debate structure and have an open contempt to keep out third parties.

It is not just scary that the two candidates for President are blithering morons -- but scarier still that so many millions of Americans voted for Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber.

/voted.libertarian.so.can.cast.stones. :P :D

I voted for one of the candidates and will still cast stones. Both parties fielded their weakest candidate in my lifetime. I would easily have taken Dole over Bush and Dukakis over Kerry. My two previous worse candidates.

We have as a society dumbed down our elections to the point that only people who should not be President will run, and those individuals who would be great choices, will not subject themselves to the process.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
This is absolutely hilarious to me.  Folks on this board and a great number of people on the left made fun of Bush for being a "C" student then turning around and saying how brilliant Kerry was.  What a crock of s*** that argument was.

While obviously a zillion pro-Kerry people used Bush's grades as a negative look stupid, Bush still does as well. He is easily the worst speaker and probably the dumbest leader of the free world. There's a reason he has held the least press conferences of any president in the history of television.

Edited by KipWellsFan

Look, GWB, contrary to "stupid people's opinions", is a pretty smart guy. So is Kerry. Kerry is a gifted speaker, Bush is not. It doesn't make him stupid.

Texsox said it. The most qualified candidates will not run because every single *PRIVATE* mistake a person has ever made in life will be cast out of the closet and out there for everyone to see, and frankly it's bull s***.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Look, GWB, contrary to "stupid people's opinions", is a pretty smart guy.  So is Kerry.  Kerry is a gifted speaker, Bush is not.  It doesn't make him stupid.

Texsox said it.  The most qualified candidates will not run because every single *PRIVATE* mistake a person has ever made in life will be cast out of the closet and out there for everyone to see, and frankly it's bull s***.

None of them are dumb. I think Kerry, however, had a better grasp of some of the international relations concepts that the Bush administration didn't seem to know existed this time last year.

I hated when people on my side of the fence talked about how much of an idiot Bush was - his bumpkin accent and mispronunciations are all an act anyway. Listen to him speak in 1998. Then today and you'll see what I mean.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
None of them are dumb. I think Kerry, however, had a better grasp of some of the international relations concepts that the Bush administration didn't seem to know existed this time last year.

I hated when people on my side of the fence talked about how much of an idiot Bush was - his bumpkin accent and mispronunciations are all an act anyway. Listen to him speak in 1998. Then today and you'll see what I mean.

It may not be entirely an act. It is easy to slip back into a southern drawl. Heck, it is easy to pick it up. I used to spend summers and my grandparets down south, and when I came back, it was 'y'all' and 'howdy' for months!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
This is absolutely hilarious to me.  Folks on this board and a great number of people on the left made fun of Bush for being a "C" student then turning around and saying how brilliant Kerry was.  What a crock of s*** that argument was.

Don't forget making fun of him for not being able to pronounce nuclear. ;)