Notebooks...

BurlyMan56

So I just set up my Dell Inspiron 6000 and man is it sweet. I wanted to know if anyone has heard much about this computer. I've heard alot of good things and so I purchased it for ISU next year. I'll be a freshie there next year.

Oh by the way, soxtalk.com was the first site on this comp. :headbang

Later guys, any info you know about the inspiron 6000 would be great

Dell is great, until you need help if you have a problem.

Hopefully you or someone you know can take care of a computer problem, should you ever have one.

I've had my Inspiron 5000 since I graduated from HS back in 2000, recently put some more RAM in it and still use it to surf the net. Only problem I had was about a year ago had to get a new hard drive because I had a failed boot sector.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Dell is great, until you need help if you have a problem.

Hopefully you or someone you know can take care of a computer problem, should you ever have one.

I've had my Inspiron 5000 since I graduated from HS back in 2000, recently put some more RAM in it and still use it to surf the net.  Only problem I had was about a year ago had to get a new hard drive because I had a failed boot sector.

I've found them to be quite helpful even when I have had a problem...although my system is still under warranty.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
I've found them to be quite helpful even when I have had a problem...although my system is still under warranty.

Eh, they suck ass in customer service, try calling them at a "peak usage time" to get help. It won't happen. Plus all of their damn workers can hardly speak english on the phone which also sucks.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Eh, they suck ass in customer service, try calling them at a "peak usage time" to get help.  It won't happen.  Plus all of their damn workers can hardly speak english on the phone which also sucks.

I've done both. The motherboard on my laptop died a few months ago...I got through with relative ease during daylight hours, and the next day a guy came by & replaced the part.

They're also simple to get ahold of via email.

Then again...I could just be comparing them to my previous, disasterous experience with Gateway. I have a service sheet a mile long from that company. They were awful.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
I've done both.  The motherboard on my laptop died a few months ago...I got through with relative ease during daylight hours, and the next day a guy came by & replaced the part.

They're also simple to get ahold of via email.

Then again...I could just be comparing them to my previous, disasterous experience with Gateway.  I have a service sheet a mile long from that company.  They were awful.

Ya, Gateway does suck badly. I've had bad experiences with them.

Luckily my best friend is a MCSE so I don't ever have to rely on these types of things anymore.