Dumbest Manager in League?

CWSOX45

Some of you haven't liked Manuel for a long time now. But, I don't understand why this thread was started tonight. Did JM do something that I wasn't aware of to cost us tonight's game @ Baltimore? I thought our offense died after the 3rd and our bullpen collapsed? Maybe I was following a different game.

:huh:

That might be the point, Clujer. The offense died after the third, as if we don't need any more runs, because we have a two run lead. That mentality to NOT put the inferior team away starts with the manager. What did you see in JM's manner, or what do you ever see in JM's manner that leads you to believe that he is trying to lead his team to put the other team away. Compare him to the way Tony Pena manages and leads his team. You can read his body language like a book.

As for his bullpen choices, it seems that he just makes the wrong choices too many times.

That might be the point, Clujer.  The offense died after the third, as if we don't need any more runs, because we have a two run lead.  That mentality to put the inferior team away starts with the manager.  What did you see in JM's manner, or what do you ever see in JM's manner that leads you to believe that he is trying to lead his team to put the other team away.  Compare him to the way Tony Pena manages and leads his team.  You can read his body language like a book.

As for his bullpen choices, it seems that he just makes the wrong choices too many times.

The Sox hitters were the ones out there swinging the bats -- if they're content with a 2-run lead through 3 innings with a 12-9 record, maybe we need to get rid of those who feel that way.

And it's always easy to second guess the manager after the fact. Hindsight is 20/20, ya know.

Guest hotsoxchick1

good managing starts with the leader.. which is our gm... so if you want to blame someone start at the top and then work your way down... a good leader leads by example... and now tell me which examples has kw set for the team to follow????much less for jm and company to follow and pass onto the team.....something to think about.........

good managing starts with the leader.. which is our gm... so if you want to blame someone start at the top and then work your way down... a good leader leads by example... and now tell me which examples has kw set for the team to follow????much less for jm and company to follow and pass onto the team.....something to think about.........

The manager IS supposed to be the leader... in the clubhouse. For the most part, KW shouldn't even be in there. Sorry, HSC, but I think this one falls in JM's lap.

Guest hotsoxchick1
The manager IS supposed to be the leader... in the clubhouse.  For the most part, KW shouldn't even be in there.  Sorry, HSC, but I think this one falls in JM's lap.

cant fall into jm's lap when kw takes most of the control away from him......

The manager IS supposed to be the leader... in the clubhouse.  For the most part, KW shouldn't even be in there.  Sorry, HSC, but I think this one falls in JM's lap.

YAS.. what's obviously not being understood here is that KW IS manning the clubhouse. He IS sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. He IS making the "managerial" decisions. And he shouldn't be.

That might be the point, Clujer. The offense died after the third, as if we don't need any more runs, because we have a two run lead. That mentality to put the inferior team away starts with the manager. What did you see in JM's manner, or what do you ever see in JM's manner that leads you to believe that he is trying to lead his team to put the other team away. Compare him to the way Tony Pena manages and leads his team. You can read his body language like a book.

My sentiments exactly and I have said so in other posts.

Alright, then back off Kenny!! I don't know who to blame, but I thought Jerry would be smart enough to realize that Trash Gordon has been struggling lately....guess not.

CWSOX45

Yes it can and it will as long as JM is known as the "Manager of the Chicago White Sox." If KW is calling the shots and JM is just rolling with it, then I have even less respect for Manuel and he needs to go ASAP. Obviously, if this is the case, JM cannot stand up for himself so he will not be able to stand up for the team or individual players when the situation arises. I think most of us would agree that my last statement rings resoundingly true. If JM is afraid to take charge at ANY FACET of the game, then he should do himself, the players, and the White Sox Organization a favor..... resign.