Does anyone know how mlb.com determines you zip code? I was wondering if it mgiht be possible to have someone outside the blackout area use their credit card to order the service for me. Or do they somehow use your IP address to find out where you're viewing from? Thanks in advance.

QUOTE(needauribe @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Does anyone know how mlb.com determines you zip code?  I was wondering if it mgiht be possible to have someone outside the blackout area use their credit card to order the service for me.  Or do they somehow use your IP address to find out where you're viewing from?  Thanks in advance.

Why does it matter if the games by you are blacked out you can watch them on tv cant you?

Blackout rules are based on IP addie and from what i have heard proxie's don't work. However sometime the blackout gets pulled around the 4th or 5th inning. I remember there was a national blackout for a Sox-Cubs game a few weeks back and around the 4th or 5th inning it was removed and you were able to watch the game on mlb.tv.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
Why does it matter if the games by you are blacked out you can watch them on tv cant you?

Well . . . I am at Ball "Boom Goes the Dynamite" State for summer school (Muncie, IN.) This means that if I had cable my regional sports network would be Fox Sports Midwest ... out of Missouri, a state that doesn't even border Indiana. I would have to get a satellite in order to see CSNC. I don't think it's worth it for just two months and I thought MLB.tv might be a more affordable option. Thanks for the reply.