Iguchi's having back trouble.

YASNY

Guest JimH
Last week it was Chavez, This week Timo, next week we will find another thing to put our collective eye on.

Maybe so. But it's been one hell of a lot longer than one week with this Timo stuff. Some of you guys must think Williams and Guillen are reading this board and proceeding accordingly, based on how many times some of you post the same sentiment over and over and over.

Anyways.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
Maybe so.  But it's been one hell of a lot longer than one week with this Timo stuff.  Some of you guys must think Williams and Guillen are reading this board and proceeding accordingly, based on how many times some of you post the same sentiment over and over and over.

Anyways.

Are you saying sox management doesnt read fan message boards and care what we think about Timo???

2,000 posts wasted :crying

Guest JimH
Are you saying sox management doesnt read fan message boards and care what we think about Timo???

2,000 posts wasted  :crying

Without the green, you are correct sir.

But if Boyer or somebody like Wilder or whomever from the Sox did read the site, they might refer to it as juniorhighsoxtalk.com . I get the humor and the frustration and all that, but IMO most of this Timo-is-Ozzie's-boyfriend innuendo is stupid and lame. I try to avoid all the Timo discussion but lo and behold here is a thread about Iguchi's back and sure enough it turns into bash Timo Perez.

Maybe it makes you guys feel better to say it over and over a thousand times; similarly maybe it makes me feel better to say how dumb and repeptitive it is IMO. It is the same 3-4 guys who feel the need to beat it to death. We get the point already.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Last week it was Chavez, This week Timo, next week we will find another thing to put our collective eye on.

Could it be A.J.? :wub: But only good things about him and lots of pictures and maybe his phone number and hotel room number and... :unsure: maybe I'm getting a bit carried away here. :)

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Without the green, you are correct sir.

But if Boyer or somebody like Wilder or whomever from the Sox did read the site, they might refer to it as juniorhighsoxtalk.com .  I get the humor and the frustration and all that, but IMO most of this Timo-is-Ozzie's-boyfriend innuendo is stupid and lame.  I try to avoid all the Timo discussion but lo and behold here is a thread about Iguchi's back and sure enough it turns into bash Timo Perez.

Maybe it makes you guys feel better to say it over and over a thousand times; similarly maybe it makes me feel better to say how dumb and repeptitive it is IMO.  It is the same 3-4 guys who feel the need to beat it to death.  We get the point already.

I actually hate it too, I also hate how people call Dye, Dead... and Cotts well there is like 2 or 3 nicknames people call him....Its just so dumb and really immature not 2 mention all Eat s*** stuff that goes on.....

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
I actually hate it too, I also hate how people call Dye, Dead... and Cotts well there is like 2 or 3 nicknames people call him....Its just so dumb and really immature not 2 mention all Eat s*** stuff that goes on.....

It is retarded.

Guest JimH

And I thought I was all alone (well, Yasny has spoken up on this too).

I agree on all the Eat s*** stuff but some of the mods like it, so it is what it is.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)

I agree on all the Eat s*** stuff but some of the mods like it, so it is what it is.

EAT s*** is part of game chat. Its the rally cry of our pre and post game threads.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)

Soxnet was a long time ago. Sure miss it. Still, all things considered I feel more comfortable here than at mlb.com or the monster Sox message board.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
When are we going to rename this site timotalk.com?

Good lord, the obsession with Timo Perez on this site is mind boggling.  We should have a one week moratorium on Timo threads, positive or negative.

So true.

He has literally been called the worst player in baseball on here and even though I'm not a big fan of his, I think it has gotten to be too much...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
So true.

He has literally been called the worst player in baseball on here and even though I'm not a big fan of his, I think it has gotten to be too much...

At least the Konerko bashing has subsided, but I guess you can't argue with a .323 average over his last 17 games.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
Funny, you seem to enjoy hearing it in the game chat when something good happens.

:rolly

I do? Doubt you have ever seen me type eat s*** or say ''guys say eat s*** it's so cool1!!!1!!!''.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)

I can think of a few more things for Sox fans to obsess over aside from Timo.

You know...... like how Contreras has been pitching his ass off lately? Or how about the recent replacement of Neil Cotts with some guy in a Cotts uniform who knows how to pitch? Maybe how Dead has gone through some shock therapy and has been upgraded to serious but stable condition?

I love bashing players when they screw up but I also like giving credit where its due and those 3 are certainly deserving of some props lately.

Pale Hose Talk has degenerated into the equivalent of a Jr High chat room lately. There are way too many homosexual insult type references around here. How about using some thought and intelligence for a change?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Far too many people don't think before they post and then wonder why Soxtalk is called a second-class board.

Some people need to grow the f*** up, to put it bluntly.

Bluntly, and appropriately. :notworthy