Should the Sox pick up someone for 1b

beck72

QUOTE(SoIL @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Does anyone know if Everett can/has played first base? That would seem like a plausible solution. Have him start taking ground balls.

I've had the same thought, it would seem a natural progression and it would solve a lot of problems. He's never logged an inning there in the bigs. I would think they could find out during pregame infield if he has a chance but have never heard a peep about it --positive or negative.

Any early birds ever see Carl take infield? Just don't do what they did to Timo, send him out there without even breaking in his glove.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 07:10 AM)
Modesi and Jordan arn't the answers, the kids they brought up arn't the answer. Chipper Jones could be on the DL for awhile. I am sure they would love him. I cannot see getting anyone who could help us this year though, as they have two starting pitchers hurt, a terrible bullpen (interest in Vizcaino or Takatsu in addition? haha), their 3B is hurt, the SS and 2B are struggling, their catcher isn't having the same year...so I could see it not even being for AAA kids if we dealt with them.

Which is exactly why I threw the 3rd team suggestion into my post.