Comiskey Upgrade in Jeopardy

DonkeyKongerko

we can no longer get our upgrade buying upperdeck tix and move down to the cheap (empty) seats.

Access restricted: After reviewing security issues in the aftermath of last week’s incidents of fans running on the field at U.S. Cellular Field, fans with individual-game tickets for the upper deck will not be granted access to other areas of the stadium.

The club announced the new policy Thursday afternoon.

This revised policy, which has been implemented before for sellout crowds, begins Friday night when the White Sox host the Minnesota Twins at U.S. Cellular Field and will be observed for the remainder of the 2003 season.

Season ticket holders in the 500 level will not be restricted.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/new...r_cws&fext=.jsp

Guest hotsoxchick1

well its about damn time.... if you want to sit down below then pay for it.. geez us a bleacher ticket isnt that much.......wtf..........and if you want to upgrade then you can always walk to the window behind home plate and change your tickets in for better ones.. of course it will cost ya..........its already screwed over anyhow cause they are checking tickets when you get to your section so how would you have jumped seats anyhow.......my damn section is turning into fort knox........im almost hating going to games cause its taking the fun out of it ..........how many times in a nite when i go back and forth up to the concourse do you need to see my ticket ... ya think you would remember me since you have been seeing my hiney in those seats for about 30 years now lol.... thats what i told my "security" guy the other day when he kept asking me for my ticket...........lol............

What the hell? Only fans in the upper-deck can't move around to the lower dekcs? Is that saying upper-deck fans are more likely to make trouble?

And I don't see how this will stop any of the trouble that was caused lately. Yeah, it probably will stop fans jumping onto the field because they'll have to jump higher, but it won't stop fans from throwing cellphones. :nono

I don't understand the phrase "Comiskey upgrade in jeopardy."

The upgrades to the park are not in jeopardy as far as I can see and couldn't imagine why.

Otherwise I echo HSC on it is if you want to sit on the lower deck, then buy the ticket. It is $8.00 more I guess but what the hell.

And we have fun in the upper deck and the bashing of it gets old. I've sat in the upper deck reserve many times when that is all I could afford and I have survived. Now that I can do upper deck box on a seasons ticket plan, I figure that I paid my dues for many years and I am glad that my access to the whole aprk is not restructed. That's not fair to some? Hell, life ain't fair. No such thing as a free lunch. You get what you pay for. No ticket, no laundry. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? I have run out of cliches.

The upgrades to the park are not in jeopardy as far as I can see and couldn't imagine why.

Otherwise I echo HSC on it is if you want to sit on the lower deck, then buy the ticket.  It is $8.00 more I guess but what the hell.

And we have fun in the upper deck and the bashing of it gets old.  I've sat in the upper deck reserve many times when that is all I could afford and I have survived.  Now that I can do upper deck box on a seasons ticket plan, I figure that I paid my dues for many years and I am glad that my access to the whole aprk is not restructed.  That's not fair to some?  Hell, life ain't fair.  No such thing as a free lunch.  You get what you pay for.  No ticket, no laundry.  How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?  I have run out of cliches.

cw, what Donkey meant by "Comiskey Upgrade" is the moving around to different and better seat locations when the park is less crowded.

Otherwise I echo HSC on it is if you want to sit on the lower deck, then buy the ticket.  It is $8.00 more I guess but what the hell.

And we have fun in the upper deck and the bashing of it gets old.  I've sat in the upper deck reserve many times when that is all I could afford and I have survived.  Now that I can do upper deck box on a seasons ticket plan, I figure that I paid my dues for many years and I am glad that my access to the whole aprk is not restructed.  That's not fair to some?  Hell, life ain't fair.  No such thing as a free lunch.  You get what you pay for.  No ticket, no laundry.  How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?  I have run out of cliches.

cw, what Donkey meant by "Comiskey Upgrade" is the moving around to different and better seat locations when the park is less crowded.

That's not the Comiskey Upgrade... That's called sneaking into a seat that you didn't pay for.

The "Comiskey Upgrade" is still an option for those who want a better seat. Just go about it the right way.

Steff, I agree with you. Upgrade the right way.

Have I ever sat with HSC in seats that I didn't pay for? Yes of course. HSC's situation is different. She has seats down there and I was her guest and between HSC and GUG and other people with tickets there who had welcomed me, I felt very comfortable.

Have I ever helped myself to a box seat that I didn't pay for? The first time I was miserable the whole game, constantly worried I'd get nabbed. The second time was on 6 April with Mathew, but we sat with two friends of mine and the day before, the ushers in the Upper Deck asked us to go downstairs and sit about where we did so they could move people down. So I had the WS' permission. And I have also sat in the club level with other friends.

I also did that last time I was at Comerica - and talk about your pick of seats - although it was impossible to get anywhere between the dugouts due to their security but sitting in the outfield area boxes was easy.

So I guess I am not against moving to a more expensive seat per se - but it is the sense of entitlement, I buy a cheap seat and I have a right to sit where I want and damn the Sox for changing not letting me do that - that is what I can't accept. So I guess move if you can, if you want, if it is possible, but no one's rights have been taken away by this. You buy a ticket that entitles you to sit where your seat is, nothing more or less. Any freebies that don't come your way, too damn bad.

i dont have a problem with the sox enforcing sitting in the seat you paid for but locking people in the upper deck???...reinsdorf and taxpayers have spent millions on all these fan friendly exhibits through out the park..the concourse and all it has to offer..al lthe family stuff and the FUNdementals stuff...now if i understand this right if you have upper deck seats you cant go use any of these things??...thats not very smart imo...and i dont see what it has to do with security if the ushers are checking tickets anyways

i dont have a problem with the sox enforcing sitting in the seat you paid for but locking people in the upper deck???...reinsdorf and taxpayers have spent millions on all these fan friendly exhibits through out the park..the concourse and all it has to offer..al lthe family stuff and the FUNdementals stuff...now if i understand this right if you have upper deck seats you cant go use any of these things??...thats not very smart imo...and i dont see what it has to do with security if the ushers are checking tickets anyways

Good point, if I took my little brothers I'd want them to hit in the cages and s*** aswell as sit in the upper deck.

post of the week. great point!!!!!!!! :headbang :usa

an i am soooo surprise that it was YOU who came up with it. :D

Great post :headbang

cwsox,

I totally agree with you! I sit in the upper deck and I love it up there! You want better seats? Pay for 'em! I think people moving to better, more expensive seats is a form of theft, albeit very small theft.

Just stay in the seats you paid for. You'd save everybody a lot of trouble.

Michelle, I swear, you better stop bashing the upper deck! :angry: :)