Jerry Reinsdirf rips Moronotti

sox-r-us

Now this is related to the Bulls, but still I think it belongs here for a while since it involves our owner Jerry and everyone's favorite friend Moronotti. Moronotti is now threatening to use the lawyer on Jerry.... :headshake

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Here is the link to Moronotti's column for reference:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay08.html

==============

This is gonna get ugly. Look for Hawk to say something about this soon on one of his broadcasts.

With all the horses*** Moronatti writes in his columns it was only a matter of time before someone prominent teed off on his sorry ass. This should be very interesting indeed. So typical of Kotex boy though, he can dish it out but he runs to the lawyer when someone gives it back to him.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
With all the horses*** Moronatti writes in his columns it was only a matter of time before someone prominent teed off on his sorry ass.  This should be very interesting indeed.  So typical of Kotex boy though, he can dish it out but he runs to the lawyer when someone gives it back to him.

He is going to get his lawyer to fight Reinsdorf. LMAO@Kotex boy

You get Jacoby, Dips***, and Pile and see if they stack up to JR's lawyers.

You used your wittle radio show to fight JR, you got canned.

Now you are getting called out in public. PWNED BIG TIME

Yeah I find it ironic that he has to resort to lawyers, when he cannot back up what he writes.

If he is confident that what he wrote was correct, why not simply provide the sources?

I am frankly sad about how bad the journalism has become in a great great city like Chicago. We do not need dumbasses like Skip Bayless and Moronotti.

Why can't we get good journalists for a change?

When I read mariotti's column yesterday morning, I almost laughed. He is so transparent is ridiculous. Everyone knows he has a bone to pick with Reinsdorf, and yet his column not only presented "facts" that were contrary to what every other writer in Chicago had to say about the Skiles signing, but the perspective that JR blinked was also way off base from every other writer.

I'd love to see mariotti take JR to court, and have his wimpy ass owned and his credibility shot to hell in the courtroom.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
Just out of curiosity, has Moronotti ever wrote something meaningful in his journalism career?

Yes, he actually wrote a nice piece on Frank Thomas earlier this year. Stating his case for the HOF. He got mad props for backing Frank and deservedly so. That's probably the only good piece of journalism he's ever written.

I have no problem if he writes about real problems with our owners or management of any Chicago sports teams.

But it is clear he just hates the Sox owner + announcer and does anything and everything to keep fueling that through his articles/interviews.

Be objective....geez

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
Yeah I find it ironic that he has to resort to lawyers, when he cannot back up what he writes.

If he is confident that what he wrote was correct, why not simply provide the sources?

I am frankly sad about how bad the journalism has become in a great great city like Chicago. We do not need dumbasses like Skip Bayless and Moronotti.

Why can't we get good journalists for a change?

Edgar Munzel. Jerome Holtzman, Jack Griffin, Ted Damata, Cooper Rollow, Dave Condon, John Carmichael, Wendell Smith, Warren Brown, Bill Gleason ..... it's a long list of really good sports writers Chicago once had gracing the sports page. I've never been a big fan of Reinsdorf but I hope he prevails over the lying, sneaking, backstabbing in love with himself Mr. Jay Moronnotti.

The quote is too good. You go JR!!!

"I could care less if Jay Mariotti doesn't like me if he tells the truth," Reinsdorf said. "If he wants to say I'm dumb, he's got a pretty good case he can make for that. But when he starts to lie, I find it very, very offensive."

I think I'm pretty good at putting sports and the circus that surrounds it in perspective, meaning I love to watch it for entertainment purposes but try not to get personally pissed about.... but Maranotti drives me crazy.

First, he prints half truths or total B.S. He obviously writes with an agenda, and ESPN and the Sun Times lets him do it with no ramifications. I don't know anybody that likes his writings, yet he has a job at a big newspaper and gets valuable face time on ESPN... I don't usually wish for people to get fired, but I really hope at some point Sun Times and ESPN wise-up and can this dick face

QUOTE(Iguana @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
LOL.  at the end it says...

LMFAO.  for what?  calling our your lies!!??  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :bang  :banghead  :chair

Exactly what I thought. I'm an attorney and cant figure out for the life of me what Mariotti could possibly be talking about.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
Exactly what I thought.  I'm an attorney and cant figure out for the life of me what Mariotti could possibly be talking about.

maybe he was just talking about calling him for a golf game.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
Exactly what I thought.  I'm an attorney and cant figure out for the life of me what Mariotti could possibly be talking about.

Sending JR a check for giving him things to write about so that he can keep his job. :bang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
Sending JR a check for giving him things to write about so that he can keep his job. :bang

Could be. :headshake

Right now though, I see Jester's avatar I'm remembering how smoking hot Lindsay Lohan was before she dyed her hair blonde and found out that she loved crack. :cheers

Edited by Adam G

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
This gets better. Mariotti is getting killed today for his lies yesterday  :D

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Man, being out of town I didn't see that correction they post. That may be the single longest correction (aside from the NYT WMD Mea culpa) I've ever seen in my life.