Sox @ Padres 6/10/05 Game Thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i met carlton fisk. his son is a physical therapist and a personal trainer married to the ferris state women's basketball coach, so they live in my town, big rapids MI, and my bro, hes huge on baseball, trains w/ him. carlton fist was awesome, he took pictures with my brother, me, talked with us. has no relavence to the sox padres game.

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
i met carlton fisk. his son is a physical therapist and a personal trainer married to the ferris state women's basketball coach, so they live in my town, big rapids MI, and my bro, hes huge on baseball, trains w/ him. carlton fist was awesome, he took pictures with my brother, me, talked with us. has no relavence to the sox padres game.

:headshake :headshake :headshake

I swear to god--the collective Soxtalk thread content as of late has been completely elementary.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
:headshake  :headshake  :headshake

I swear to god--the collective Soxtalk thread content as of late has been completely elementary.

it's been bad.

seems to only be in pale hose though....which is unfortunate.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
it's been bad.

seems to only be in pale hose though....which is unfortunate.

It has to stop...all kidding aside. I know this isn't the place to vent, but it has been unbearable. We need to either: a) start banning these ignorant fools, or b ) single-handedly close each and every ignorant thread.

It's really ruining the Soxtalk expierence.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
It has to stop...all kidding aside.  I know this isn't the place to vent, but it has been unbearable.  We need to either: a) start banning these ignorant fools, or b ) single-handedly close each and every ignorant thread.

It's really ruining the Soxtalk expierence.

or just have like an *invite only forum where all the (good) regulars can go.

too much work for jason though :P

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
or just have like an *invite only forum where all the (good) regulars can go.

too much work for jason though :P

You might be on to something. :ph34r:

A lot of these fan-sites are also an outlet you have to pay a membership fee for...something else I would absolutely consider in hopes of weeding out this recent influx or stupidity and daftness.

For as long as Woody's been around, we don't have many guys with experience vs. him.

Thomas - 6/12, 2 2Bs, 1 HR, 3 RBI

PODS - 4/17, 3/4 SBs

Widge, Uribe, Carl, Timo, JD all with 4 or fewer ABs

Hermy - 0/1

Harold Baines - 5/13

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
For as long as Woody's been around, we don't have many guys with experience vs. him. 

Thomas - 6/12, 2 2Bs, 1 HR, 3 RBI

PODS - 4/17, 3/4 SBs

Widge, Uribe, Carl, Timo, JD all with 4 or fewer ABs

Hermy - 0/1

Harold Baines - 5/13

and you know how bad the sox have been agaist unfamiler pitchers these past few years

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
They just kicked the s*** out of Francis last night.

Sox are first in baseball against LHP...They are hitting .315! That may have something to do with it :huh

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)

:headshake :headshake

I'm thinking of changing my screen name now. Thank you.

Some good will finally come out of Ozzie's sweep lineup this time...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

Manager Ozzie Guillen also has maximized the off days by giving players a break before those breaks. Third baseman Joe Crede, left fielder Scott Podsednik and catcher A.J. Pierzynski didn't start Wednesday against Colorado.

We got the sweep and our guys are rested and fresh for tomorrow.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
and you know how bad the sox have been agaist unfamiler pitchers these past few years

Well, I think that's changing. For one thing, they handed Francis his first career loss at Coors. They have a whole different attitude this year, so it doesn't matter whether or not they've face a guy or not. They've faced Williams before when we was with Toronto and they beat Lawrence in '03 when the Padres went to Comiskey.

Lawrence's line:

7.0 4 H 4 R 2 HR 3 BB 3 K

They'll also be facing Claudio Vargas, Javier Vazquez & Russ Ortiz against the Diamondbacks.

But first things first, let's get Jon his 10th and have be the first AL pitcher to do it!!

SD been having problem's scoring runs at home, so let's hope it continues.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Wow, Wilson Valdez is now a Padre...

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...xt=.jsp&c_id=sd

Minor deal: The Padres picked up shortstop Wilson Valdez in a trade with the Mariners, sending Minor League right-handers Michael Bumstead and R.D. Spiehs to Seattle in the deal. Valdez will be assigned to Triple-A Portland.

How many teams will Wilson Valdez be on this season? White Sox, Mets, Mariners, Padres... :wacko:

Edited by Jabroni

Today, Jake Westbrook and the Indians' bullpen was able to hold the Padres' offense to 3 runs on 3 hits. The Padres still ended up winning the game 3-2 because Eaton started for the Padres. Now we face their 3 worst pitchers and struggling offense while they are facing our 3 best pitchers. We should be able to take 2 of 3 this weekend.

Edited by Jabroni

:headshake  :headshake  :headshake

again i have to say, damn, you all are uptight. how are non regulars ruining this web site?? its just a forum, remember. i dont go around insulting peoples posts at other sites that i dont agree with or dont like. you all are just not nice sometimes! we all like the sox, dont we? cant we all just get along?