Sox @ Padres 6/10/05 Game Thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
does he move into the rotation next year?

Hate to say it, but we've got enough starters. 4 out of 5 are signed next year, and Garland is arbitration eligible (and hopefully will get a "Cy Young Winner" contract). And if we need a backup? BMac will have a full year at AAA under his belt. I'm still trying to figure out how to get him into the starting 5 next year.

Left handed arm out of the Pen? Very necessary. Cotts can do wonders there. Especially the way he's throwing now.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
To other teams or us?

I think Marte is still probably more valuable to other teams, but I'd have to say Cotts is more valuable to us.

Should we trade marte then.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
Yikes, it's hard to not want to send Cotts back out there after the way he's been pitching.  But I guess we should put our closer in there, right?

Klesko and Giles are lefties. But with Marte hurt, Ozzie may not want to tax Cotts.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
To other teams or us?

I think Marte is still probably more valuable to other teams, but I'd have to say Cotts is more valuable to us.

Well yeah I'm talkin about us.

And I think so too.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
To other teams or us?

If Marte is on...he's still the best lefty in our pen.

He's been off lately while Cotts has been on. If Marte can turn it around, he's still the most valuable lefty. He gets his control back, and still nobody can hit him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
If Marte is on...he's still the best lefty in our pen.

He's been off lately while Cotts has been on.  If Marte can turn it around, he's still the most valuable lefty.  He gets his control back, and still nobody can hit him.

Is he available?

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
Klesko and Giles are lefties.  But with Marte hurt, Ozzie may not want to tax Cotts.

You're right, I didn't think about that. With all the lefties in their lineup, we should really save Cotts's arm. He'll be needed either tomorrow or Sunday. Good thinking.

I'm gonna hope we see Dustin now to start the 9th based on your point.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
That's true, but then it occurred to me that the Pads have probably seen Hermanson a lot.  So...I dunno.

Yah stay with cotts then you have a fresh hermy and politte for tommrow. But I wouldnt be surpirsed or care if ozzie used hermanson here.