Shingo against Left Handed Hitters

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
I was very surprised to see last night that leftys are only hitting .269 against him. I always thought that lefties gave him the most trouble. Anyways I thought it was a good outing for him and he seemed to be throwing a lot of 1st pitch strikes or he was just missing.

it was a good outing, id like to see him get used a little more in san diego, because it is a pitchers park

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
I was very surprised to see last night that leftys are only hitting .269 against him. I always thought that lefties gave him the most trouble. Anyways I thought it was a good outing for him and he seemed to be throwing a lot of 1st pitch strikes or he was just missing.

On a similar topic (although not exactly Shingo)...last night during the game, the Rockies' announcers (MLB Extra innings) were talking about how Vizcaino has been very good against left-handed hitters. I believe they said that lefties were hitting under .200 against Viz, and his tailing fastball might have something to do with it.

Well, i checked this morning, and lefties are hitting nearly .400 against Viz. Did anyone else hear them say this? Am I looking at the wrong stat? (btw, righties are only hitting .218 against him, which isn't bad if he can avoid the walks)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
On a similar topic (although not exactly Shingo)...last night during the game, the Rockies' announcers (MLB Extra innings) were talking about how Vizcaino has been very good against left-handed hitters.  I believe they said that lefties were hitting under .200 against Viz, and his tailing fastball might have something to do with it.

Well, i checked this morning, and lefties are hitting nearly .400 against Viz.  Did anyone else hear them say this?  Am I looking at the wrong stat?  (btw, righties are only hitting .218 against him, which isn't bad if he can avoid the walks)

so we should use shingo against lefties and viz against righties

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
On a similar topic (although not exactly Shingo)...last night during the game, the Rockies' announcers (MLB Extra innings) were talking about how Vizcaino has been very good against left-handed hitters.  I believe they said that lefties were hitting under .200 against Viz, and his tailing fastball might have something to do with it.

Well, i checked this morning, and lefties are hitting nearly .400 against Viz.  Did anyone else hear them say this?  Am I looking at the wrong stat?  (btw, righties are only hitting .218 against him, which isn't bad if he can avoid the walks)

last year lefties hit .190 against him while righties hit .295 against him.

As long as you don't mind Shingo serving up some deep shots. He has given up 5 homers to lefty batters in 7.1 innings...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...0968&statType=2

Vizcaino is getting killed by lefties this season -- 17 hits, 8 BB's, and only 3 K's in 10.0 innings...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...0430&statType=2

Viz has a good fastball...if only he knew this.

Not this season.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)

Or... we should combine their powers into one uber-relief pitcher!

When their powers combine... I AM....

Captain%20Planet.jpg

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
Viz has a good fastball...if only he knew this.

I saw both Viz and Shingo while in Denver for the games. Viz looked real good and was popping it in there at around 93. He needs to rely more on that fast ball I agree.

Shingo struck out two lefties , walked a batter and gave up a homer to alefty on one of his soft tosses. He also k'd a righty and had him so fooled on a swinging strike 3 that the hitter lost his bat and it went sailing into the stands. He looked good when he used his fastball, that once hit 89 MPH, to set up the hitter and the slow curve as the out pitch. He has been using that slow stuff way to often to the batter and they expect it now.