Ozuna

southsidefan

After watching the first few innings last night I was wonder if someone zapped Pablo's brain. He errors and mental mistakes could have cost us the game. I know he can play 3B and 1B but is he really worth it? What about sending him down and keeping someone whose head is in the game up in the bigs?

QUOTE(southsidefan @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
After watching the first few innings last night I was wonder if someone zapped Pablo's brain.  He errors and mental mistakes could have cost us the game.  I know he can play 3B and 1B but is he really worth it? What about sending him down and keeping someone whose head is in the game up in the bigs?

And that magical person would be????

I say, no

A couple of those plays that Ozuna blew were really hard plays to make. From what I could tell, the error that led to those runs was on a running play that yeah, he should have just not made, but an inexperienced 3b doesn't have a clue which throws to make and which to not make.

Also...he had a very good night at the plate, which makes up for a fair amount of field problems IMHO

He was three for three and made a nice on the ball hit down the line while he was in on the grass. The throw shoudl've been knocked down by Konerko and was a hit anyway. The base running blunder was sad but he did get three hits. Also, how often has he played. As far as utility players go I'll take him over most teams guys.

I think a better topic is how long do we suffer through Konerko's inability to get a big hit. The guy is hitting behind three fast guys with OBP's all over .350. That means he comes up with an average of a man on every time (realtivly speaking). Take the HR's out and he is pathetic at driving in runs. RISP average for a 4th hitter needs to be above .200. Especially for a guy making $8.5M a year.

In my book Ozuna is fine.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
I think a better topic is how long do we suffer through Konerko's inability to get a big hit.  The guy is hitting behind three fast guys with OBP's all over .350.  That means he comes up with an average of a man on every time (realtivly speaking).  Take the HR's out and he is pathetic at driving in runs.  RISP average for a 4th hitter needs to be above .200.  Especially for a guy making $8.5M a year.

I agree completely, PK is almost an automatic out with RISP. As soon as he gets 2 strikes you know that something off-speed and away is coming, and you know that he is just going to wave at it and return to the bench. Very Frustrating!

He can hit and he can run. He obviously can't play 3rd base and he's prone to brain-farts on the base paths. I only want to see him in LF, 2B, and some SS. Kenny needs to go after a 3rd baseman.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(southsidefan @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
After watching the first few innings last night I was wonder if someone zapped Pablo's brain.  He errors and mental mistakes could have cost us the game.  I know he can play 3B and 1B but is he really worth it? What about sending him down and keeping someone whose head is in the game up in the bigs?

Why send him down? He has not played for a while and he his hitting well. His baserunning and fielding in the begging of the game was shakey, but he doesn't deserve to be sent down.

QUOTE(southsidefan @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)

And why would you want to send a guy down who had one bad game from the defensive and baserunning standpoint?

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
his 3rd base fielding skills r okay but i would much rather see juan there and Pabs at ss.

There was some speculation in the chat room that Uribi's arm is hurting. Just based on him lobbing a couple throws instead of his usual cannon shots. Maybe nothing to it.

As to Zoomer -he had an awful day. But between ST and the early season, we've seen him make all these plays before so it's not like he can't do it. He just had a very bad day. Good thing he got some hits.