Twins cryin about the Sox Schedule

Cubs Suck23

Really miss the Rockies

BY JASON WILLIAMS

Pioneer Press

PHOENIX — The unbalanced schedule has been a hot topic since interleague play began in 1997. And the argument probably never will end, especially if it determines the American League Central Division race this year.

The Twins' chief divisional rival, Chicago, had lowly Colorado on its interleague schedule, while Minnesota does not play the National League's worst team.

The White Sox entered Wednesday's game in Denver looking for a three-game sweep of the Rockies, who had a 19-38 record — second-worst in the majors. Those games ultimately could decide what is shaping up to be a neck-and-neck race in the Central, with the first-place White Sox entering Wednesday with a four-game lead over second-place Minnesota.

"I've heard people argue about that," Twins pitcher Kyle Lohse said of the unbalanced schedule. "It is kind of unfair when teams within in the division are playing different schedules and things within the division are so tight. But the bottom line, I think, is you've just got to beat the teams you're supposed to beat. And if you take care of your own business, you'll end up there at the end."

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Really miss the Rockies

BY JASON WILLIAMS

Pioneer Press

PHOENIX — The unbalanced schedule has been a hot topic since interleague play began in 1997. And the argument probably never will end, especially if it determines the American League Central Division race this year.

The Twins' chief divisional rival, Chicago, had lowly Colorado on its interleague schedule, while Minnesota does not play the National League's worst team.

The White Sox entered Wednesday's game in Denver looking for a three-game sweep of the Rockies, who had a 19-38 record — second-worst in the majors. Those games ultimately could decide what is shaping up to be a neck-and-neck race in the Central, with the first-place White Sox entering Wednesday with a four-game lead over second-place Minnesota.

"I've heard people argue about that," Twins pitcher Kyle Lohse said of the unbalanced schedule. "It is kind of unfair when teams within in the division are playing different schedules and things within the division are so tight. But the bottom line, I think, is you've just got to beat the teams you're supposed to beat. And if you take care of your own business, you'll end up there at the end."

Are you kidding? Somebody post the Waaaaaahmbulance again, I think Lohse needs a trip to his mommy.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Really miss the Rockies

BY JASON WILLIAMS

Pioneer Press

Doesnt the twins play the brewers 6 times while we play the cubs.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
I don't see a clear advantage either way. :huh:

If you look at the record there the same but common the cubs are most likely going to end up with a better record then them.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
If you look at the record there the same but common the cubs are most likely going to end up with a better record then them.

Last year, the Brewers were far worse, so the Twins really did get to fatten up their record against them while we got our noses bloodied by the Cubs.

It swings back & forth every year. Last year I was pissed because the Twins had an easeir one, this year the Twins are pissed at us.

Besides, we have to play San Diego at Petco, they get S.D. at the Humphreydome, that's a pretty good advantage to them as well.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Well, it is unfair, but there's really nothing to be done about it for this season.  Which is pretty much what Lohse said, so I don't have a problem w/ his comment.  The writer seems to be more upset w/ it than Lohse, who was just stating facts.

How is our schedule easier?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
How is our schedule easier?

Who knows? Maybe by the end of the season we'll look back and realize that it's more difficult, in which case it's not fair to us. Unbalanced schedules are going to cause problems as long as you can't predict a team's strength at the beginning of the season -- as long as we have to actually play the games, I guess.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Well, it is unfair, but there's really nothing to be done about it for this season.  Which is pretty much what Lohse said, so I don't have a problem w/ his comment.  The writer seems to be more upset w/ it than Lohse, who was just stating facts.

I agree. Plus interleague is a terrible idea that has worn out it's novelty.

I guess they forgot that the Rockies have one of the best offenses in baseball while playing in Coors...or that they've never been swept at home this year. They probably also overlooked the fact that the D-Backs just gave the Twins the game yesterday with absolutely no attempt to win. Oh yeah, and they forgot that the Sox have stuck it to the Twins repeatedly this year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
I guess they forgot that the Rockies have one of the best offenses in baseball while playing in Coors...or that they've never been swept at home this year ... Oh yeah, and they forgot that the Sox have stuck it to the Twins repeatedly this year.

That is what I refer to as pwn3r3d

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
I agree.  Plus interleague is a terrible idea that has worn out it's novelty.

I don't get this. What's wrong with Interleague that wore out the novelty??? People complain about it so much, but I honestly don't see the problem with Interleague. It's just the same as facing your league. You have some crappy teams, some really good teams and some decent teams that you enjoy watching the matchups. In fact it's even better because you see matchups that you probably won't see in the WS. Example being Rockies vs White Sox or Dodgers vs White Sox.