Kenny's "open-door policy"

Jabroni

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

Open-door policy

With the July 31 trading deadline approaching, general manager Ken Williams said his players can clarify their status merely by asking him.

"As a player, I wasn't dealt with toward the end with great honesty and I promised myself our players don't have to guess what's on our minds," Williams said. "If there's a rumor of some sort, all they have to do is ask.

"I might not give them the particulars, such as 'You're on the trade market, and here are the particulars.' But 'I'm looking at possibilities, here's why.'"

If he's truly honest with people who approach him, this is just one more thing to like about Kdub. I really think that he and Oz, as former players, are truly creating a players' atmosphere in Chicago. I think this bodes well for the future when word gets around the league. There were a lot of rumors the last couple of years that all of JM's screw-up's were due to KW calling moves from the tunnel and being completely too involved in the team. Unless KW has just taken a complete 180, I don't think there's anywhere to lay the blame but on JM for the Sox clubhouse problems in the previous few seasons. I mean, the guy was a complete geek, or atleast that's the way I perceived him.

I thought we were trying to elevate the level of discourse here.

Anywho, I think the most important thing here is that it's obvious that even KW is working to keep this team playing as a team.

When we won in 2000, everyone on that team was saying how much fun it was. This year is the same thing. Everyone seems to be picking up everyone else. And when people go into a slump, I guarantee you that pat on the back helps.

KW having an "Open door" can really help that. Get things out of the back of people's heads. Get Crede, for example, to stop thinking he needs to hit the ball out of the park every pitch so that he can keep his job, and maybe he keeps his head back and shoulder closed on a few more balls.