Bears trade #4 pick

southsider2k5

The New York Jets have said all along that they would not trade up unless there was a guy available who they absolutely loved. Apparently, love is in the air.

SportsLine.com has learned that the Jets have agreed on a trade with the Bears, sending Chicago the 13th and 22nd selections in the first round in exchange for the fourth overall selection.

The Jets phoned the Saints earlier this week after learning that a trade between the Patriots and Bears for a similar deal seemed dead. It is believed the Jets' coveted man is Kentucky defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson.

The Bears have a few players in the middle of Round 1 they have long targeted and should still be able to get at least one of them with their first of two No. 1s.

The Jets are expected to announce the deal later this afternoon

bye bye leftwich..what a bunch running this franchise...13 and 22 for a number FOUR pick...what dumbasses...even f the bears didnt want a QB this draft only has 3 or 4 real impact players..afte rthat it drops opff considerably...its not like the guy at 13 is close they g uy would get at number 4...another brilliant move by angelo...

well im almost 42 now..and still waiting to see a real QB in a bears uniform..

Last years draft

Ususally most players in the first round are NFL players, the Bears could win they could not, but thanks to good old Kordell Leftwich was not an option and Suggs couldn't convince them.

but as baggs mention and that is what i was going at. the players picked later may not be the impact that the #4 pick would. the big d-tackle stud would be the impact player that i was thinking about.

do you honestly think the trade was a good one. i mean in other times other teams have included a player to go with those picks.

I said weeks ago they would not pay a big signing bonus to anyone, this trade should not suprise anybody. Mccaskey's are like the Wirtz's they are money mizors. This is all about money guys not football , my point is hell i am not suprised it was not for just a 2nd round pick with idoits at halas hall :huh:

but as baggs mention and that is what i was going at. the players picked later may not be the impact that the #4 pick would. the big d-tackle stud would be the impact player that i was thinking about.

With last years draft as the example, Quenten Jammer would be the impact players at pick 4 vrs Donte Stallworth at pick 12. It can work, the steelers got Kendall Simmons where 30, he's been awesome.

I think the trade will work out right if the Bears can get a QB, DB and D-lineman using the three picks. I feel they can use the 13th pick to get a D-lineman who will be able to contribute right away. Then with the 22nd pick they can go ahead and grab a QB like Boller or Grossman who arent as good as Leftwich but both are much better than the rest. Then with the 35 pick they might look to bolster the DB position. I am not going to rush to judgment in condeming the trade because it might work out and I personally think $$$ is not a part of the reason for the trade.

I think the trade will work out right if the Bears can get a QB, DB and D-lineman using the three picks.  I feel they can use the 13th pick to get a D-lineman who will be able to contribute right away.  Then with the 22nd pick they can go ahead and grab a QB like Boller or Grossman who arent as good as Leftwich but both are much better than the rest.  Then with the 35 pick they might look to bolster the DB position.  I am not going to rush to judgment in condeming the trade because it might work out and I personally think $$$ is not a part of the reason for the trade.

alot of experts has stated that a stud "dt or de" is the start of where the team make a rebound.

I just think this gives the Bears more options on how they want to fix the holes in our defense. Sure we lose out on the "big time" guy but the Bears are showing that they know they have problems and are working to fix them. It is not like we traded down for one pick we got two and a chance to improve 2 spots on our team.

I just think this gives the Bears more options on how they want to fix the holes in our defense.  Sure we lose out on the "big time" guy but the Bears are showing that they know they have problems and are working to fix them.  It is not like we traded down for one pick we got two and a chance to improve 2 spots on our team.

do you think that it was enuf to justify the trade.

I can't say that yet depending on who is left and who they decide to take which is why I am optimisitic this will turn out allright if some players fall our way.

which all comes back to my point, this trade is stupid and it will not help out as taking that big stud. no matter how many "option" as you said the bears have.

Last years draft

Ususally most players in the first round are NFL players, the Bears could win they could not, but thanks to good old Kordell Leftwich was not an option and Suggs couldn't convince them.

The Bears need a lot of good players, not one great player. Also, I don't think there are any impact picks there at the Bears slot other then potentially Newman. Lefty could be, but too much risk in Suggs and others.

Robertson and Newman were the ones I liked.

Bears have way too many needs and this is an awesome deal.

Its also reported that we get a conditional 3rd rounder if things work out (In this years draft).

I said weeks ago they would not pay a big signing bonus to anyone, this trade should not suprise anybody. Mccaskey's are like the Wirtz's they are money mizors. This is all about money guys not football , my point is hell i am not suprised it was not for just a 2nd round pick with idoits at halas hall :huh:

Thats better. Why pay huge money to a huge questionmark. This frees up more caproom and won't tie the team down. The Bears spend the money, heck, I'd say all NFL franchises spend the money.

which all comes back to my point, this trade is stupid and it will not help out as taking that big stud. no matter how many "option" as you said the bears have.

According to the Jimmy Johnson draft scale chart, we have won this deal. We got 2 first rounders and most likely a 3rd for a pick that had a ton of questionmarks.

The Bears have so many needs and this is a draft, where in the first three rounds there are a ton of good players and thats what makes a team good, having a lot of good players. Bears lack that right now and this draft will be an awesome way of building things.

Guys like Mcgahee will be down there, Boller or Lefty could be there at 22 (Thats right 22). If Jacksonville doesn't pick a qb and Carolina doesn't (All signs say they won't) then Boller and Lefty fall all the way to the Bears 2nd 1st rounder.

Bears will draft defense with 2 of the picks and maybe qb. They will draft one qb within the 1st three rounds. If its in the 3rd round it would be Ragone.

Also, some talks have came up that Suggs is really going to fall, not likely all the way to 13, but its a possibility. Either way, Boss Bailey would be a sweet pick at 13 if he's there, so would Jordan Gross or Jimmy Kennedy or Mike Williams from OSU.

I've been hoping for this for a long long time.

Bears have so many stinking needs.

Woolfolk or Woolford is a guy I'd love to get with the 22 or in the second round. Very atheletic corner from Oklohoma.

Marcus Trufant would be a sweet pickup too if he slid to 13 and Bailey was gone.

With last years draft as the example, Quenten Jammer would be the impact players at pick 4 vrs Donte Stallworth at pick 12. It can work, the steelers got Kendall Simmons where 30, he's been awesome.

most of the experts , and i agree for what that is worth..dont think this years draft in particular is very deep except ata few positions...QB and WR are two..maybe the bears will take a WR with that 13th pick but they have been hinting defense and really there are no defensive standouts this year outside of the top 3 or 4 guys...really only 3..DT , a corner and a DE thats falling fast...

i think it was a perfect to take a guy like leftwich at 4...noptonly for the draft but for the situation the bears find themselves in...but we'll see..hopefully they prove me wrong