I hope the Cubs get rained out all weekend

mreye

Wow, Wade Miller sucks. He's given up 5 straight singles. 4-2 Red Sox. The bases are still loaded with no outs.

Zambrainless grounds into the DP but a run scores. Neifi Perez grounds out. 4-3 Red Sox.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
At Comiskey....???

No, it was in L.A.

The Cubs will play the Yankees later this week I think. They played them for the first time at Wrigley a year or two ago, and that was a big deal. But while it'll be a cute series to see (and i'll have trouble figuring out who to root against), it won't be the same press that you got the first time they met since some random world series.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
They are horrible at manufacturing runs.  They are the worst bunting team in baseball so they don't even try it.

When you have guys like Ramirez and Ortiz both hitting .330 like they were last year, you really don't want to try to sacrifice runs, you want to get the guys on base so that they can be knocked in.

Ramirez is only hitting .250 this year. That changes a lot of things.

When you have guys like Ramirez and Ortiz both hitting .330 like they were last year, you really don't want to try to sacrifice runs, you want to get the guys on base so that they can be knocked in.

Ramirez is only hitting .250 this year.  That changes a lot of things.

They could have scored 2 more runs today if they knew how to bunt. I could care less if they have Ortiz and Manny. Bunting is a necessary part of baseball, especially in N.L. games.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I don't.. I hope it's beautiful...

Why..??

Because from estimates BoSox fans hold about 80% of the tickets all 3 days.. I want the Sox to kick the living snot out of the Cubs and I want to hear the BoFans chants all the way in Plainfield!!!

Then on Monday I can LMAO at Dusty blaming the fans for the losses.

:lol:

:o :nono

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
No, it was in L.A.

The Cubs will play the Yankees later this week I think.  They played them for the first time at Wrigley a year or two ago, and that was a big deal.  But while it'll be a cute series to see (and i'll have trouble figuring out who to root against), it won't be the same  press that you got the first time they met since some random world series.

Yeah, you're right. I remember Thomas going deep into the LF bullpen... or, maybe not bullpen, but it was where the people weren't sitting, right down the line.

Anyways, I think I'm more pissed that I have to miss the Dodger series than I am about missing the Cubs series. That'd be real nice, go see JD Drew and the Dodgers, as well as the tailgate -- I gots to go to Ohio State, though, basketball camp. Then the next weekend it's off to Indiana University.

A real drag... I hope I can make the game on Sunday, though I doubt it.

What game is on that Sunday night? It ought to be the Sox/Dodgers...

Edited by CWSGuy406

I didn’t see the game yesterday, but did see the one on Friday and I just want to say this: Boston has the worst bullpen EVER! The same probably can go with the starting rotation. With the exception of Matt Clement.