whose the most hated sox pitcher?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Navarro.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.  Not only did he suck, he blamed everybody else for his failures.  I was never so glad to see a player leave the Sox.

Hey Yas! Do you remember a pitcher in...I think it was 1976 or so, named Pablo Torealba? The Sox brought him up, and the guy was so bad that after moaning and moaning over and over about him, that Harry Carray made the quote on live broadcast "Pablo Torealba.......Where do they get these guys??"

Another pitcher that comes to mind is Juan Agosto (back then.......nicknamed Juan Dis-gusto).

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)
Hey Yas! Do you remember a pitcher in...I think it was 1976 or so, named Pablo Torealba?  The Sox brought him up, and the guy was so bad that after moaning and moaning over and over about him, that Harry Carray made the quote on live broadcast "Pablo Torealba.......Where do they get these guys??"

Another pitcher that comes to mind is Juan Agosto (back then.......nicknamed Juan Dis-gusto).

I remember both of those names. But Navarro still remains at the top of my "most hated list".

in terms of recent, i rank them:

1. esteban loazia -- all he had to do last year was NOT SUCK and the sox could have made the playoffs. "oh, look at me, i won 20 games, but i couldn't beat the twins if they were tied down and i had a baseball bat." f him

2. todd ritchie -- his numbers say it all.

3. damaso marte -- i know you all think i'm crazy, but this guy flat out sucks in tight games. i wish i knew someone at elias to back me up.

Neal Cotts. He knows why. :ph34r:

Curious on this one. Was he difficult or uncooperative re: an interview request for this site? Or was it something else?

I remember sitting out in one of the front row bleachers last year, he walked by in pregame along the track. I said "hey Neal ... love ya at SoxTalk" and boy did he give me the stink eye.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Yes he does.  He said that lots of the mental side of pitching was taught to him by Wells.

What would Wells know about the mental side of pitching. He claims that he was half drunk during his no-no or perfect game. And who knows how many othertimes he was actually drunk while pitching.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Curious on this one.  Was he difficult or uncooperative re: an interview request for this site?  Or was it something else?

I remember sitting out in one of the front row bleachers last year, he walked by in pregame along the track.  I said "hey Neal ... love ya at SoxTalk" and boy did he give me the stink eye.

Just call it a hunch, but it might be all those "Neal Cock" or "Cotts sucks balls" or "f*** Cotts, he sucks" remarks that used to pop up here quite often. I hate that kind of s***, and it's for that very reason. Steff has said some players lurked here and did not appreciate what they saw happening. The way I approach this sight is that if I wouldn't say something to a player's face while sitting in a bar, I won't say it here.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
I think it's funny that a lot of the Red Sox hitters have seen their power numbers go down this year (in the season of steroid testing).  I was told by a MLB scout early last year that the Red Sox had a roster full of steroid abusers.  This was said well before steroids became a big issue in baseball.

Hold on. Curt Schilling testified before Congress that he's only played with 3 or 4 steroid abusers in his career. I can't believe that Mr. Schilling would lie.

Navarro. Wells was liked by some of our pitching staff and he was just a guy who turned sour after we started losing and things were going downhill. When he first came over he loved Chicago and was glad to be here. I could understand how he was pissed. Ritchie sucked, but he didn't say anything to make him be hated for the most part.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Curious on this one.  Was he difficult or uncooperative re: an interview request for this site?  Or was it something else?

I remember sitting out in one of the front row bleachers last year, he walked by in pregame along the track.  I said "hey Neal ... love ya at SoxTalk" and boy did he give me the stink eye.

Nah, I told him I was gonna post that. We talk off and on. He's a nice guy and I'm just f***ing around with this one. He's a nice guy.

From what i understand from Neal, he gets a kick out of how people overreact to stuff. He did like (I believe it was one of nuke's posts) that said someone kidnapped Neal Cotts and replaced him with a pitcher wearing a Cotts jersey.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
From what i understand from Neal, he gets a kick out of how people overreact to stuff. He did like (I believe it was one of nuke's posts) that said someone kidnapped Neal Cotts and replaced  him with a pitcher wearing a Cotts jersey.

Heck if he can survive the insults from Sox fans, he can survive any hostile visiting crowd. We are just toughening him up. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
From what i understand from Neal, he gets a kick out of how people overreact to stuff. He did like (I believe it was one of nuke's posts) that said someone kidnapped Neal Cotts and replaced  him with a pitcher wearing a Cotts jersey.

That was one of mine alright.

LOL!