MLB TV

hi8is

being an out of state fan, and not wanting to pay full price for MLB extra innings after 40 percent of the season is done.... im looking towards MLB TV as an option

i have a DSL line

was wondering how the quality is and if it is worth it

any info would be great

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
being an out of state fan, and not wanting to pay full price for MLB extra innings after 40 percent of the season is done.... im looking towards MLB TV as an option

i have a DSL line

was wondering how the quality is and if it is worth it

any info would be great

I have it. It's ok. Not the best, but it works pretty well. I have a friend that's a Cubs fan and he bought it last year and I just piggybacked off him, so I had to buy it this year. I don't really use it other than having the occasional day game on at work.

If you really want to see the Sox, though, it's worth it. Occasionally, you will get the other teams feed though.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I have it.  It's ok.  Not the best, but it works pretty well.  I have a friend that's a Cubs fan and he bought it last year and I just piggybacked off him, so I had to buy it this year.  I don't really use it other than having the occasional day game on at work. 

If you really want to see the Sox, though, it's worth it.  Occasionally, you will get the other teams feed though.

I don't have DSL, but I tried it on my computer using the school's connection when they gave away a free preview week to start 2003. I was less than impressed, although that was probably in part a function of the quality of my computer - despite the fact its new, it's never played video all that well.

Too many skips, not good enough images. I went ahead and purchased the MLB internet radio package, and I use that @ school instead. It's also not great in quality - lots of skips even over a fast connection, occasionally the audio will totally drop out and you'll need to restart, but it's better than nothing when you're sitting in an office processing data.

I went ahead and got the MLB Extra Innings package from DirecTV, and am very happy I did. I wish I could get the Sox announcers more often, but at least i get the games and our guys 1/2 of the time. (Except when the games are on WCIU - don't they realize if they license to DirecTV, then more people will watch the game? AARRRGGGHHH)

If memory serves...if you wait about another month, DirecTV et al. will start discounting their Extra Innings packages because of people like you who don't think 2/3 of the season is worth the full price. I believe last year they ran a free preview around the AS Break, and had a discount associated with it.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 05:12 AM)
mlb tv rules, get it. i live in MI and its the only way to watch sox games for me, i dont even get wgn in my dorm so its perfect for me. but thats just me.

I agree, it is worth it. I was watching the Minnesota/Dodger game last night and seeing the Ex-Cub Hee Sop crank that HR off of Mullholland on the first pitch in the bottom of the 9th paid for the whole thing. :headbang

right now they have a special that if you try SI for 4 free issues you can get MLBTV for free even if you cancel SI after teh free issues.

i did that since i just lost my directv(job loss). MLBTV is pretty good but i live in IN (near fort wayne)and both the cubs and sox games are blacked out. i cant see them until they are archived(usually an after the game is over).

its a pretty cool thing but make sure your zip isnt in the blackout area(which is pretty substantial).

hopefully i can get a job very soon and i can get my directv back and my extra innings subscription. :pray