Best Songs To "Get Down" To

3E8

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
"And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV..."

And of course, in the very next scene they cut to, the Zeppelin song they are playing in the car is.... Kashmir, off of #%#@*&*!! Physical Graffiti and NOT Zeppelin IV.

:chair  :chair  :chair  :chair  :chair

Can you feel my pain?

I always thought that was on purpose, showing that he was still a bit of a nervous, sweet, insecure, teenager. Are you thinking it was a mistake?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
I always thought that was on purpose, showing that he was still a bit of a nervous, sweet, insecure, teenager. Are you thinking it was a mistake?

No, I know the real story. Screenwriter Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous) couldn't secure the rights to use anything off of IV, so they used Kashmir instead. Mostly, I think I'm still outraged that I was like the only person in the theater (underage at the time, natch) that seemed to even notice it. Ah, such is the life of the classic rock geek-savant.

I can't believe no one has said Barry White? Barry White people!!! C'mon, what woman's knees don't tremble at the first sound of that voice. Just don't leave the CD lying around, one look at him will spoil the mood. RIP, Barry.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
I can't believe no one has said Barry White?  Barry White people!!!  C'mon, what woman's knees don't tremble at the first sound of that voice.  Just don't leave the CD lying around, one look at him will spoil the mood.  RIP, Barry.

Too obvious.

You might as well put a robe and a silk scarf on and smoke a pipe while you're at it.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
I can't believe no one has said Barry White?  Barry White people!!!  C'mon, what woman's knees don't tremble at the first sound of that voice. 

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
Or a hold on while I throw up. Cliches are soooooo not erotic.  :D

I'd toss on a comedy album, maybe vintage Robin Williams, because I am

The American Giggle-O™

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:48 AM)

How about something from an Italian Poet from the 13th Century?

Well if And every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin' coal; pourin' off of every page like it was written in my soul from me to you, then I suppose that cliche would be okay....

I'm in the silence group. I have tried music before (and it was with my wife while we were dating...oh...wait...ummm...we never did that sort of thing before we got married...), and we both just started laughing at it. Soundtracks are great in movies, but hysterical in real life. Think about it, Travolta walking down the street to the Bee Gee's looked cool as hell in film, but if you walk down the street, and then "Staying Alive" starts to play, it gets damn funny.

So there ya are, rocking and rolling, and you suddenly notice that you are "moving" to the beat, possibly even the bass drum (and if you are REALLY going to town maybe you are going to some good ol' blast drumming provided by Nile), are you going to tell me you aren't going to start to laugh at how silly it all is?

Or...maybe she was laughing at something else at the time.

Or...maybe I should have used something other than Ottmar Liebert, which is Spanish Flamenco...and that just screams silly. Great guitarist, but I was missing a flower in my teeth or a bull trying to gore me.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
Well if And every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin' coal; pourin' off of every page like it was written in my soul from me to you, then I suppose that cliche would be okay....

I do look like the silent type . . .