Spyware/Adware Problems

Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(SAVVY18 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
I actually use 3 spyware programs because 1 doesn't catch them all.  I use the microsoft Beta, but I also use Adaware and spybot Search & Destroy. 

Here is a link to a bunch of free spyware programs:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/security/fwantispy.html

Adaware & Spybot are run on my computer quite often as well.

I tried the Microsoft Spyware Beta but wasn't a big fan of it - it ate up a lot of computer cycles, and I tried to get it to set up to run an auto-scan every Friday when I was off at a discussion group, and for some reason it thought that Friday was Wednesday.

If I have a problem in the future that Ad-Aware and Spybot can't fix, I'll consider reinstalling it, but I think I'm happier without it.

I also have a program called "Spyware Blaster" which I find useful - supposedly it blocks your web browser from accessing spyware sites. I also have a "startup inspector" that shows me what programs start running when my computer starts up and lets me turn some of them off - another handy little gadget.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
never even heard of this, interesting.

I've used ad-aware in the past, but I've noticed that BETA in fact picks up more spyware than ad-aware does and I like the auto scan feature which I utilize at 2:30 am each day.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
I've used ad-aware in the past, but I've noticed that BETA in fact picks up more spyware than ad-aware does and I like the auto scan feature which I utilize at 2:30 am each day.

I read this thread because I was bored and decided to download that thing. It's great, I already like it. Thanks for sharing :D