Hermanson

Jake

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
2 bad outings but don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant...

Whatever. You can't win em all, especially if they are 1 run ball games and Jerry Manuel executed ball games. Aka not fundamentally played ballgames.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Its 1 bad outing, I really think its pathetic Jeckle is all worried about it.

You don't win all 1 run ball games, its not going to happen.

1 blown save out of 16 chances. Thats .0625 of 1.00. Not bad at all.

Even the best closers in the league will have blown saves, remember that.

In his last 6.1 innings , he has allowed 8 runs, 5 earned and has suffered 2 losses. That's Shingoesque.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:40 AM)
In his last 6.1 innings , he has allowed 8 runs, 5 earned and has suffered 2 losses. That's Shingoesque.

And he's looked worse than the numbers suggest. I don't think he's had a batter swing and miss at his splitter in 2 weeks.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
Are you guys serious? He has now blown 1 save. 1 save and this stuff is being posted. My God people.

Well the original question was about his velocity. He seems to top out at 86. Didn't he throw harder earlier in the year when he was more dominant? I'm not sure what his maximum velocity was earlier, but I thught he was reaching the 90s. :huh

I'm less worried about the blown save and more worried about his loss of velocity. I had read that he used to throw in the low to mid 90's? What happened to that? If it's dead arm, let the poor man rest, let's see what our bullpen is made of.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:41 AM)
Well the original question was about his velocity.  He seems to top out at 86.  Didn't he throw harder earlier in the year when he was more dominant?  I'm not sure what his maximum velocity was earlier, but I thught he was reaching the 90s. :huh

No, he's been topping out at about 89 mph all season. But it hasn't been his fastball which made him successful, it was his ability to get ahead in the count against the hitter, and then throw his splitter.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
I'm less worried about the blown save and more worried about his loss of velocity. I had read that he used to throw in the low to mid 90's? What happened to that? If it's dead arm, let the poor man rest, let's see what our bullpen is made of.

With Shingo and Vizcaino ineffective, and Marte hurting, the bullpen is a little thin right now.

I would have let Politte continue. The guy had hardly made any pitches in the previous inning.

But I am not so concerned about Ozzie's decision to let Hermy pitch. I am more concerned about his pathetic decision to let Buerhle bat with Frank and Everett on the bench. And here I thought Ozzie was having sleepless nights trying to get these guys at bats. :banghead

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
For all of those b****ing about Hermanson, please provide a name of who shoulda been pitching the ninth....

Politte...seriously it's not that hard to figure out...

Hermy struggled through yesterday...Politte riding a hot streak... you ride the hot hand...

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
With Shingo and Vizcaino ineffective, and Marte hurting, the bullpen is a little thin right now.

Unfortunately true. Shingo/Viz needs to see some time in the minors. Bring up Baj, he's done his time he deserves a shot. I wouldn't rule out Jenks either if he keeps doing well in July/August/September.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:42 AM)
For all of those b****ing about Hermanson, please provide a name of who shoulda been pitching the ninth....

Neal Cotts. With two lefty batters that inning, I think Cotts could have done the job. And yes, I know that lefties hit Cotts better than righties....but you also have a batter in Klesko who hits better against righties. Anyways, there was no chance that Ozzie was going to let Cotts pitch that inning instead of Hermanson.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
Unfortunately true. Shingo/Viz needs to see some time in the minors. Bring up Baj, he's done his time he deserves a shot. I wouldn't rule out Jenks either if he keeps doing well in July/August/September.

I don't think Baj really impressed Ozzie too much last year. I can guarantee you that Ozzie would rather pitch Vizcaino 20 straight days than have Baj pitch in a close situation.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)

Hermy struggled through yesterday...Politte riding a hot streak... you ride the hot hand...

Are you not familiar with Politte's #'s closing games? He doesn't have the mindset to close games, he's a great setup man.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)

That does make the most sense. However,Cliff has been known to get the dry heaves in the 9th.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)

Shingo could have been in (purely Devil's advocate here) -- pitcher's park, players not familiar with him...

It was a team loss. RISP and can't get them in, especially when Mark, Pod and Iguchi all K'ed with runners on the corners. The offense s*** itself tonight. Ozzie couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag tonight...Frank/Everett on the bench, PH for Mark. And goddamnit, it'd be nice if we had a person who could play 1B on the bench. That way, there could have been a pinch runner for Slonerko who could have gotten in safely on that play. Putting in an already struggling Hermanson was just the coup de grace.

It's all true.

Hermanson is not as good as his start. The guy's been pitching forever, just look at his career numbers.

Tonight was also a big case of s*** offense. Sorry, but 1 f'n run?

So, given that, you blame the one that's been great all season instead of the one that's been consistently awful? Are you kidding?

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Are you not familiar with Politte's #'s closing games?  He doesn't have the mindset to close games, he's a great setup man.

All I know is that I knew yesterday when the Pads owned Hermy and Crede bailed him out that he was in trouble...They had his number and Ozzie walked right into it. The fact is that Politte has turned alot of stuff around this year and he's riding a hot streak.