6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our pathetic outfield has been in full display today. Pods is an awful centerfielder, as every Brewers fan has told us. Not only that, but Timo took about 3 steps before he threw that ball home. But, we have the best record in baseball and the greatest manager who has ever lived, so who am I to complain?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Our pathetic outfield has been in full display today.  Pods is an awful centerfielder, as every Brewers fan has told us.  Not only that, but Timo took about 3 steps before he threw that ball home.  But, we have the best record in baseball and the greatest manager who has ever lived, so who am I to complain?

I think today's game is a showcase for why Pods should not play CF ever. He is very fast but gets no jump and takes horrible angles.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I think today's game is a showcase for why Pods should not play CF ever. He is very fast but gets no jump and takes horrible angles.

He's been very good in left field this year but definitely has looked bad today in center though that ball over his head was a very tough play.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
He's been very good in left field this year but definitely has looked bad today in center though that ball over his head was a very tough play.

He had a reputation for being a very overrated CF. I'm so glad Ozzie made Rowand the CF.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)

I know Pods is the golden child for many Sox fans, but I've been less than impressed with him in the outfield this season. For someone with his speed, way too many bloopers fall in front of him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
I know Pods is the golden child for many Sox fans, but I've been less than impressed with him in the outfield this season.  For someone with his speed, way too many bloopers fall in front of him.

better than carlos' fielding... by far