Does your White Sox Fandomaffect you Fantasy Team?

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
I try to stay away from white sox players when it comes to fantasy.  Because I feel that I overate them... only guy i drafted was Shingo and look how that went for me  :banghead

Haha yeah I feel I overrate them too. I didn't draft Shingo though.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Haha yeah I feel I overrate them too. I didn't draft Shingo though.

I drafted Shingo, AJ, and Buehrle. Shingo has actually been ok for me because he got 8 Saves. I got Hermy and put him as a Starter because he can be used in any role. I kept all the Sox players. I'm banking on Shingo turning it around.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I drafted Shingo, AJ, and Buehrle.  Shingo has actually been ok for me because he got 8 Saves.  I got Hermy and put him as a Starter because he can be used in any role.  I kept all the Sox players.  I'm banking on Shingo turning it around.

Josh, as much as I love that DJ "Uhoh!" that I made...

Maybe you should streamline your sig area a bit.

How about just the sig and the flags?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
just deleted it.  Can i keep the the puking on the Twins logo please? :D  :P

You could put the "puke" & twins logo down to the right of the Bulls flag.

That would shrink it down considerably.

It effects me somewhat.

My auto draft gave me Pods and A-row. I took a flyer on Iguchi and that payed off. I then took a flyer on Everett when he was hot. I still have Iguchi and Pods, but I dumped A-row and Everett.

Luckily, I didn't get any cubs on my roster.

I, like many others, might take a couple "hometown heroes" at the end, but for the most part it doesnt affect me. If there are two somewhat equal players and a White Sox is one of them, I'll take the Chicago guy. But no Cubbies! I just can't root for them.

on one team i've got Pods, Rowand and Hermey

one ive got Hermey, Buehrle, Frank, Rowand, Uribe

one i have Buehrle, Garland, Garcia

last Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Thomas, Uribe, Konerko, AJ

dang... haha yeah i guess i do pick them, but then again i'm 1st 5th 5th 1st in that order so i'm doing ok with them!

I also got A-Row and Everett and El Duque. It's not like I do it intentionally. The best players that are there to take waivers on are usually White Sox players. I picked up Clint Barmes 2 days before he got injured and Brian Roberts at the beginning of the season. Some dumbass actually dropped Peavy in on of my leagues.

being a sox fan hurts my fantasy team not because i overrate sox players but because i refuse to have anyone from the twins on my team. as well as other players in the al central. it just wouldnt feel right praying that santana picked up a win for the twins to help my fantasy team, yuck.

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
being a sox fan hurts my fantasy team not because i overrate sox players but because i refuse to have anyone from the twins on my team. as well as other players in the al central. it just wouldnt feel right praying that santana picked up a win for the twins to help my fantasy team, yuck.

I have Morneau on one team and Santana on another. It's easy. You hope they have a good game and the twins lose.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
I have Morneau on one team and Santana on another.  It's easy.  You hope they have a good game and the twins lose.

I have Joe Mauer and Jaque Jones. the only problem is the conflict of interest thing. you don't want to be like the guy in the Best Buy commercial that shouts "THAT GUY'S ON MY FANTASY TEAM!" after a TD is scored against their team and everyone's bummed out. just remember, the real life team comes first.

but yeah, I have Konerko and Iguchi on my team. I took Gooch late in the draft when I needed a backup 2B, and only ended up with him because Chase Utley was taken right before my turn. there were really no 2Bs, and from what I had heard about Gooch I figured he'd be a solid backup, but until this week he's been my starter over Luis Castillo (who had been injured).