Crazy Carl's trade value is rising...

Jabroni

I'm not saying I want to trade Carl but he is starting to light it up. He is now hitting .270 with 8 homers and 40 RBI's while playing semi part-time so far this season. He is also showing that he can still play both corner outfield spots. His trade value is rising to both A.L. and N.L. contenders now. If Frank shows that he can stay healthy and be the everyday DH, I think Carl could bring a good reliever in a trade. I'm not saying I want to trade Carl. It's just some food for thought.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
I'm not saying I want to trade Carl but he is starting to light it up.  He is now hitting .270 with 8 homers and 40 RBI's while playing semi part-time so far this season.  He is also showing that he can still play both corner outfield spots.  His trade value is rising to both A.L. and N.L. contenders now.  If Frank shows that he can stay healthy and be the everyday DH, I think Carl could bring a good reliever in a trade.  I'm not saying I want to trade Carl.  It's just some food for thought.

Time will tell. The beauty is we're in no need to rush into a trade because everything at this point is going well. If Viz can get himself backon track who knows maybe another reliever won't even be needed. One thing is for sure though Carl could definitely help a contender somewhere, it is very rare however that you see contenders trade with each other, though it does happen

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
Time will tell.  The beauty is we're in no need to rush into a trade because everything at this point is going well.  If Viz can get himself backon track who knows maybe another reliever won't even be needed.  One thing is for sure though Carl could definitely help a contender somewhere, it is very rare however that you see contenders trade with each other, though it does happen

Even if Vizcaino turns it around, I still feel like we need another quality reliever. Unless the trade blew my mind, I wouldn't trade Everett. If we're going to get a reliever, we might as well package up some minor league talent and someone like Harris (since apparently he doesn't get along with the team, and he's not nearly as important as Everett). Everett has been clutch this year and he just flat out produces. He can spell the outfielders perfectly and still probably play 4 or 5 games a week.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Even if Vizcaino turns it around, I still feel like we need another quality reliever.  Unless the trade blew my mind, I wouldn't trade Everett.  If we're going to get a reliever, we might as well package up some minor league talent and someone like Harris (since apparently he doesn't get along with the team, and he's not nearly as important as Everett).  Everett has been clutch this year and he just flat out produces.  He can spell the outfielders perfectly and still probably play 4 or 5 games a week.

I'd definitely love to keep Carl around. As far as our pen another reliever wouldn't hurt no doubt but if we can get Viz on track then we'd have 5 pretty reliable guys which is pretty solid.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
Even if Vizcaino turns it around, I still feel like we need another quality reliever.  Unless the trade blew my mind, I wouldn't trade Everett.  If we're going to get a reliever, we might as well package up some minor league talent and someone like Harris (since apparently he doesn't get along with the team, and he's not nearly as important as Everett).  Everett has been clutch this year and he just flat out produces.  He can spell the outfielders perfectly and still probably play 4 or 5 games a week.

Harris is every bit as important as everett is. He can play second and short ( second with the best of them). He can also play the outfield and does something not many opthers on out team can do... draw walks.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
I'd definitely love to keep Carl around.  As far as our pen another reliever wouldn't hurt no doubt but if we can get Viz on track then we'd have 5 pretty reliable guys which is pretty solid.

Well, I'm still a little scared with Marte's injury and how he comes back from it, and Hermanson's loss of velocity and the way he's pitched lately.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
Harris is every bit as important as everett is. He can play second and short ( second with the best of them). He can also play the outfield and does something not many opthers on out team can do... draw walks.

He's important, yes. But I don't think he's as important as Everett is. Everett has been a big factor in many more games, whereas Harris only gets in every 3 or 4 games, at the most.

And I want to clarify one thing. I'm not in favor of trading Harris. I'd like to keep him around, but if he could get us a good reliever, I'd be willing to part with him moreso than I would with Everett. I'd much rather just trade using the farm system, though.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
He's important, yes.  But I don't think he's as important as Everett is.  Everett has been a big factor in many more games, whereas Harris only gets in every 3 or 4 games, at the most.

And I want to clarify one thing.  I'm not in favor of trading Harris.  I'd like to keep him around, but if he could get us a good reliever, I'd be willing to part with him moreso than I would with Everett.  I'd much rather just trade using the farm system, though.

Harris is gonna be cheaper for years to come. Everett has a team option for next year which i can see williams dying to pick up. If i had a choice neither gets traded and we get rid of some minor leaguers. Lots of teams at the deadline are just looking to move a contract for anything in return. Neither everett or willie have to be apart of a trade for a reliever unless we are talking about a top notch closer ( which no one would want an aging everett in return considering that team would be bad).

And Willie is now hitting .237. I have a feeling that he will be sent down once Gload is healthy. I also don't think much of Willie's ability to play SS.

Edited by Jabroni

Jermaine Dye vs. Righties - .239/.276/.419

Carl Everett vs. Righties - .218/.294/.403

White Sox vs. Righties - .244/.306/.382

What we really need is a LHH outfielder who can actually hit better against righties, but I'm wishing for the best of both worlds.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
What we really need is a LHH outfielder who can actually hit better against righties, but I'm wishing for the best of both worlds.

history would show that should be Everett. at least i remember him being awful against lefties in the past.... this year has been really weird for him

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
Jermaine Dye vs. Righties - .239/.276/.419

Carl Everett vs. Righties - .218/.294/.403

White Sox vs. Righties - .244/.306/.382

I think Carl's starting to get it going left handed, his last few games he's been very good left handed.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
I couldn't imagine KW would want to trade Carl since he went out of his way to get him not once but twice....I would keep him just incase Frank goes down again or anyone else for that matter his offense is huge for this team.

How about this scenario. We need to pinch hit for someone in a critical situation. The opposition brings in a right handed pitcher, who do we counter with? Timo, or Wille....eh we need Carl.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:36 AM)
How about this scenario.  We need to pinch hit for someone in a critical situation.  The opposition brings in a right handed pitcher, who do we counter with?  Timo, or Wille....eh we need Carl.

Timo's clutch.

Both of these guys remain a health risk to where you are better off platooning them then trading one of them.

Timo's value to the team is dropping fast. Guillen seems inclined to play Everett in LF vs lefties. It's a good strategy when you look at the numbers:

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/batt...Type=2&type=reg

Pods is certainly hitting well vs them this year, but in just 57 AB's Everett has 17RBI (best on the White Sox, 5 more than #2 Dye) vs LH.

Speed-wise Guch & Rowand seem about the same these days so it's not a bad idea to start Harris at 2B on those days.

vs LH:

Harris, Rowand, Thomas, Everett, Koney, Dye, AJ, Crede, Uribe

Good speed for Thomas, & top RBI man in best spot.

If the game should be close Guch should replace Harris. Guch has been a prime-time late inning player for the White Sox. If Everett is having an 0-fer day it's not a bad idea to replace him with Pods. Everett has struggled to produce CL&L as well.

Which comes down to the obvious: where do you play Timo?

You don't. Re-assign him as soon as possible. You can get a better player off the waiver wire.

When Gload returns Timo should be sent packing.

If Koney continues to struggle vs LH, Gload offers hope (.425A .452O .650S 40AB).

Full-strength 2005 White Sox:

lineup: Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, Thomas, Konerko, Dye, AJ, Crede, Uribe

bench: Everett, Gload, Widger, Ozuna, Harris

It's blatantly obvious that Rowand should be moved up in the order.

This year his 3rd in the order numbers are much better than his 6th in order ones.

The best group of 11 arms in the AL will take care of the rest.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
And Willie is now hitting .237.  I have a feeling that he will be sent down once Gload is healthy.  I also don't think much of Willie's ability to play SS.

When Willie was hitting .280, I would have agreed that he was the one to send down whenever Gload is ready, but he's rapidly closing the gap on Timo's BA.

Willie does give you the benefit of speed, which means he's a decent pinch runner in the bottom of the 8th inning when you need a guy to steal a base against the Yankees down 3 games to 0 in the ALCS...wait a minute...something's amiss here.