Crazy Carl's trade value is rising...

Jabroni

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
Jermaine Dye vs. Righties - .239/.276/.419

Carl Everett vs. Righties - .218/.294/.403

White Sox vs. Righties - .244/.306/.382

What we really need is a LHH outfielder who can actually hit better against righties, but I'm wishing for the best of both worlds.

I'm really wondering how much those number, in particular for Dye, might be biased by the fact that he had a terrible April & part of May. When you're terrible for 2 months, it takes a while for you to get yourself up to .270 or .280 against righties. Any idea how Dye has done against righties for the last month?

Ditto Everett, he had that long left-handed slump in May where all he was trying to do was hit the ball out of the ballpark and was flying open on everything. He looks far better at the plate over the last week or two.

I will bet you that those numbers will improve with time. But I will agree that I wouldn't complain to see Everett & Dye doing a little bit of sharing of that playing time in RF.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
Timo's clutch.

green?????

Anyone who is looking for ideas for improving this team, look to our ultra-shallow bench, and how we have to constantly inset our starters into roles when they should have a day off.

The White Sox will win in Jun. They always do. It's better to look at the 2nd half.

ALC gms: MIN 13, DET 11, CLE 10, KC 9, BOS 7, NYY 6, SEA 6, BAL 4, TEX 3, LAA 3, TOR 3

All this talk of trading Everett is insane when you consider his numbers vs the pitchers on MIN: .354A, .390O, .531S, 113AB, 6D, 1T, 4HR, 21RBI

His #'s are decent against both DET & CLE as well.

Dye's are so-so vs MIN. It's a good time to play matchups & where Dye is weak use Everett in RF. Pods has great #'s vs MIN so let him play every game. There is no room nor need for Perez in these games. If he were a better D player it would be a different story. But he's not much of an improvement over Everett.

As for Harris, Iguchi flat out owns the Twinkees this year. There is no reason to play him but if you are make sure it's against Mays.

IMHO it's more likely Harris will continue his success vs Mays than Perez succeeding against Silva. Silva is a much better pitcher this year.

This year Perez has yet to face Silva. He went 2 for 8 vs Radke with 1HR, 2RBI, 1R. Radke is a different pitcher in the 2nd half.

Lead-off is more important than back end of the order which is where Timo would always start.

It takes a good combination of OBP & speed to succeed as a LO guy.

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/batt...Type=2&type=reg

vs LH Ozuna appears just as good as Pods. So H2H matchups aside,

Ozzie is better off using Ozuna at 3B for lead-off & Everett in LF.

Harris is an option (not a need) at 2B for Iguchi.

vs RH no one beats Pods at LO and Dye out performs Everett here.

Timo does not offer an upgrade over either Pods or Dye vs RH.

Iguchi is better than all 5 (Dye, Everett, Timo, & Harris, & Ozuna) so there is no reason to EVER bench him vs RH. The only exception being that he's physically unable to play well.

So looking at the 2nd 1/2 Timo offers nothing.

Harris is the best replacement for Iguchi at 2B. Iguchi's #'s are so good that health is really the only reason to replace him. But Harris offers the best option as a PR CL&L. This will come into play more with Everett sitting against RH starters.

Gload will add a LOT as #2 at 1B. Koney will need more days of rest in the 2nd half because of his playing time now. His 2004 #'s (which are backed up by his 2005 ml #'s) indicate he is a great choice vs LH & he won't hurt you either vs RH. Another reason why Timo is expendable.

I really like the team hitting wise with the additions of Thomas, Ozuna, & Gload this year. Matchup wise they make up for where Crede, Koney, & Everett are weakest. That makes the team that much stronger. I don't see a need to trade for an added AB when Gload is healthy enough to play 1B again.

The only addition I would make is getting a solid dependable arm in the bullpen. Politte, Cotts, & Hermy have been nice surprises but I feel better with another solid arm. I want KW to focus everything on building the best pen in the AL for the 2nd half.

There is absolutely no focking reason to trade Carl.

The guy can spell Rowand, Pods and Dye every now and then (and we all know Ozzie likes to tinker every 3rd day)

He is the best bat off the bench late in a game

He can spell Frank every now and then

I would love to see if he can play 1B...then he could spell Paulie too

Considering we bench Pods quite abit against LH pitching, Everett should stick around.

If he plays 60%-75% of the games this way by platooning, why should be trade him?

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
There is absolutely no focking reason to trade Carl.

The guy can spell Rowand, Pods and Dye every now and then (and we all know Ozzie likes to tinker every 3rd day)

He is the best bat off the bench late in a game

He can spell Frank every now and then

I would love to see if he can play 1B...then he could spell Paulie too

Considering we bench Pods quite abit against LH pitching, Everett should stick around.

If he plays 60%-75% of the games this way by platooning, why should be trade him?

This is exactly why we wont trade him. If we are going to add something of serious value look no further than our minor league system. We have alot that other teams want, and if need be, we will unload it. But as of now, Carl should be one of the last ones to go.

Heres a real question, if we were to trade Crazy Carl, what value would you expect in return????? Im thinking a backup IF would be the best value to get for him at this point, possibly a utility guy rental. Would anyone be open to trading for Tony Womack???

Heres a real question, if we were to trade Crazy Carl, what value would you expect in return?????  Im thinking a backup IF would be the best value to get for him at this point, possibly a utility guy rental.  Would anyone be open to trading for Tony Womack???

Why would we want or need Womack? He isn't that good and we already have 4 guys on our roster that can play 2nd base. :huh:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Why would we want or need Womack?  He isn't that good and we already have 4 guys on our roster that can play 2nd base. :huh:

We'll need a new backup 2nd baseman when we send Willie down to make room for Gload.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Why would we want or need Womack?  He isn't that good and we already have 4 guys on our roster that can play 2nd base. :huh:

Well, he did hit over 300 last year and had 26 stolen bases, he is an experienced willie harris

Carl should stay. All the Sox players should stay barring an unbeleivable STEAL trade for us. Yes, we DO need another bullpen arm. Ricardo Rincon, Kyle Farnsworth, anyone who can eat-up innings and get people out.

Well, he did hit over 300 last year and had 26 stolen bases, he is an experienced willie harris

Look at Womack's lifetime stats. Last season was his career year. Players seem to have those kinds of seasons in the Cardinals' lineup (see David Eckstein and Mark Grudzielanek).

No way I trade Carl! First of all Im not convinced that frank is back yet. Once he starts hitting the ball to right field,{Kong you can try this too}and can hit the pitch on the outside corner,then we know hes back. Carl also has that dont f*** with me or this team look on his face and I love that! He is a gamer and has always given it his all. Also once we trade him,someone will get hurt.

What weakness do you see in the Guch that makes you feel we need Womack?

.273 / .791 VS. RIGHT: .301 / .788 HOME: .337 / .888 AWAY: .252 / .698

Womack

.298 / .638 VS. RIGHT: .235 / .545 HOME: .290 / .630 AWAY: .208 / .502

Guch is on pace for 525AB. That leaves a little more than 100 for the #2 guy.

Goodbye Timo, Hello Gload.