Bobby Jenks to Chicago??

BHAMBARONS

Lots of rumors that after the Barons First Half ends on Sunday that Bobby Jenks will be on his way to the bigs and Casey Rogowski up to Charlotte which then will allow Villcais to maybe come of the DL or Wasserman to be promoted and Leo Diagle to be called up from Winston-Salem

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Lots of rumors that after the Barons First Half ends on Sunday that Bobby Jenks will be on his way to the bigs and Casey Rogowski up to Charlotte which then will allow Villcais to maybe come of the DL or Wasserman to be promoted and Leo Diagle to be called up from Winston-Salem

Wow, very interesting I assume that would mean goodbye to shingo. Wow, I'm kind of speechless. I've wanted to see what Bobby could do but do you think this is a little early BHAM or do you think he's ready?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
I'm don't think this will be happening anytime soon.  Jenks is doing well but he still has a 3.00 ERA in AA with a poor walk rate.

He will probally always have a bad walk rate. But i agree it is way too early and i just don't see it happening at this point ( him being brought up).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
Wow, very interesting I assume that would mean goodbye to shingo.  Wow, I'm kind of speechless.  I've wanted to see what Bobby could do but do you think this is a little early BHAM or do you think he's ready?

From what I hear Kenny Williams really was impressed when he seen him. Nothing to left for him here I was hopeing it would be charlotte because I don't think he is ready.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
I don't think that this will be happening anytime soon.  Jenks is doing well but he still has a 3.00 ERA in AA with a poor walk rate.

His walk rate is cause for concern but his ERA is very misleading he gave 7 runs in the first game of the season and only 4 ER since.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
His walk rate is cause for concern but his ERA is very misleading he gave 7 runs in the first game of the season and only 4 ER since.

Has his control been any better as of late or is he still having a ton of issues throwing strikes? The thing I'm really worried about if this happens is his mental stability I hope he's matured enough that if he has a bad outing or two in the majors that he won't lose it again.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
I was about to say that.  So who would go down?  They can't possibly be ready to give up on Shingo already.

That I don't know This what I found out from Champion the Sox's Pitching Cordinator, And for Bobby Jenks I hope it isn't true

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
Has his control been any better as of late or is he still having a ton of issues throwing strikes?  The thing I'm really worried about if this happens is his mental stability I hope he's matured enough that if he has a bad outing or two in the majors that he won't lose it again.

Walk haven't been a problem as of late blowing away hitters with his upper 90's heat and 12-6 Curves. As for mentaly that is why I wrote what I did about hopeing Bobby isn't called up

It's good to see Rogo on his way to Charlotte. A good half season there, and he could be in the mix for 1B next season if Konerko doesn't re-sign. A Gload / Rogo platoon wouldn't be the worst situation if they both hit to their capabilities.

Jenks doesn't have the best walk ratio, 17 BB's in 30IP, but it's not catastrophic. Look at the other stats, 35 K's and only 1 HR given up in 27 games, that's impressive.

Now who would he replace? I can only see 2 options. Willie Harris (since they're never going to send down Timo), or Shingo.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
Kenny must be hoping for his own poor man's Billy Wagner.  I just hope he doesn't get Mark Wohlers instead. :ph34r:

That is a great post because he could be either Wagner or could lose control and turn into Wohlers

Jenks' ERA is down to 2.87 after last night's game, just to correct my earlier 3.00 ERA stat. He had 2 K's in 1.1 innings and didn't allow a hit or issue a walk. He now has 15 saves for Birmingham. He only blew 1 save, correct?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Jenks' ERA is down to 2.87 after last night, just to correct my earlier 3.00 ERA stat.  He now has 15 saves for Birmingham and he blew only 1 save, correct?

Yes on a Squeeze then he lost control and gave up a ton of runs

You guys are acting like wohlers was a scrub his whole career. He has a good string of three or four years in a row. I would take a wohlers type of pitcher that we basically got for free.

Edited by qwerty

You guys are acting like wohlers was a scrub his whole career. He has a good string of three or four years in a row. I would take a wholers type of pitcher that we basically got for free.

I was talking about the Wohlers who lost all of his control and then his fastball, not the stud Wohlers.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
You guys are acting like wohlers was a scrub his whole career. He has a good string of three or four years in a row. I would take a wholers type of pitcher that we basically got for free.

I would too I used Wolhers because of mental collapse great stuff then completely collapse

I would too I used Wolhers because of mental collapse great stuff then completely collapse

BINGO! ;)

Well, headcase or not, I don't see how Jenks could possibly be any worse than Shingo. Shingo is a meatball waiting to happen and I'm sure his head probably isn't screwed on too straight right about now.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 02:08 AM)
I was talking about the Wohlers who lost all of his control and then his fastball, not the stud Wohlers.

He only went crazy for about a year and a half which is pretty weird considering he pitched a couple more years after that without awful walk rates.

I think Bobby has Major League stuff,  But I have serious doubts about his Mental state

Just don't let him get drunk and leave a lighter sitting around near him... :ph34r:

By the way, has Jenks lost any weight lately or is he still Wickman-esque?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Just don't let him get drunk and leave a lighter sitting around near him... :ph34r:

By the way, has Jenks lost any weight lately or is he still Wickman-esque?

He's lost about 20 pounds still 275 range