Bobby Jenks to Chicago??

BHAMBARONS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
I could see Jenks getting sent to Charlotte and Baj getting promoted. But, I don't think that Jenks is quite ready for the majors yet.

I'd prefer to see Baj get a shot before Jenks too, but that's probably unlikely to happen. Jenks does have a nice long - term future though.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 04:05 AM)
I could see Jenks getting sent to Charlotte and Baj getting promoted. But, I don't think that Jenks is quite ready for the majors yet.

Finally the voice of reason. If Jeff Baj isn't recalled after the numbers he has put up in Charlotte, its a crime... especially if we are talking about calling up Jenks who has proven nothing.

With these rumors circulating I take it that Damaso Marte is about to go on the DL.

A Gload / Rogo platoon wouldn't be the worst situation if they both hit to their capabilities.

Not sure why they would platoon two lefthanded hitters.

On Jenks, seems odd they wouldn't promote Bajenaru first.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
Not sure why they would platoon two lefthanded hitters.

On Jenks, seems odd they wouldn't promote Bajenaru first.

It's not really for the fact that they're both LHH's (although I think it helps because we really do struggle against RHP). I'm just planning ahead if Konerko isn't here next season, and the Sox don't sign a replacement like Doug Mientkiewicz, J.T Snow or Scott Hatteberg. Of course there's Frank Thomas as well, and if he doesn't come back, that opens up the DH spot for a guy like Erubiel Durazo, or even Brian Anderson.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Baj's ERA is at 1.15 with 15 BBs and 35 SOs in 31.1 IP in the bandbox known as Knight's Stadium.

And you have a look at that compared to Jon Adkins and Kevin Walker, who have BOTH pitched in relief for us before, and you know Baj definitely deserves the next chance.

Adkin's ERA is at 6.36 with 23 BBs, 48 SOs and 8 in 63.2 IP. :puke

Walker's ERA si at 6.06 with 11BBs, 21 SOs and 5 HRs in 15.1 IP. :puke

No question Baj deserves the knod. I think these stats prove just how dominate he has been in an extreme hitters park, considering how he's only given up 2 HRs in 31.1 IP.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:05 AM)

I would say that is the case. Send Rogo and Jenks up, Baj to the bigs. They better look at what Baj can do bcoz from what Baj has been doing, he needs to be given a chance.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
Are there any rules as far as having Jenks up on the 25-man by the end of the year, 'cause he was a waiver-wire pickup?  I always get confused on the waiver stuff...

Or, is it that he just needs to be on the 40-man?

I am pretty sure he just needs to be on the 40 man roster. I don't think there are any extra requirements for waiver wire adds.

Initail Reaction: Yikes.

This really seems like a poor organizational decision. I know we were talking about Jenks yesterday and we all seemed awfully excited, but now is not the time. We are in the midst of a pennant race and we are going to bring up a flamethrower with mental issues? No. Let the kid try his hand at Charlotte and try out for the set-up role in 06--which I anticipate him winning.

I'm not as high on Baj as the rest of the happy-pants posters around here, but if we are going to bring up a righty, he oughta be the guy. The only thing is, Guillen LOVES going with guys he has had a positive personal expierence with and if he still has doubts after Baj getting roughed up last season in the bigs (small sample size or not) he may pass on him.

Hopefully Marte isn't going on the DL.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
One quick question Addison, why aren't you high on Baj?  What has you down on him?  Just curious

I don't feel I need to like the guy because he posts here. From what I've seen, as small a sample size at it may be from either last season or ST, I think he has very ordinary stuff...nothing to write home about. But, if he can get guys out at the major league level, I don't care what he throws.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
I don't feel I need to like the guy because he posts here.  From what I've seen, as small a sample size at it may be from either last season or ST, I think he has very ordinary stuff...nothing to write home about.  But, if he can get guys out at the major league level, I don't care what he throws.

I don't even give a flying f*** if he posts here. All I know is his numbers this year are more than deserving of a promotion.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
I don't even give a flying f*** if he posts here.  All I know is his numbers this year are more than deserving of a promotion.

Hence endorsing his promotion. :huh

Where's the problem?

Or are you just trying to stir the pot per usual?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
Hence endorsing his promotion. :huh

Where's the problem?

Or are you just trying to stir the pot per usual?

Ok how is this.

You're down on a guy with a 2.80 minor league ERA coming into this year, a 3.00 ERA in ST this year, a guy with a 1.15 ERA in a bandbox?

Whatever floats your boat.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Ok how is this.

You're down on a guy with a 2.80 minor league ERA coming into this year, a 3.00 ERA in ST this year, a guy with a 1.15 ERA in a bandbox?

I dont think he is really down on the guy, Its just that since he posts here some posters make him out to be a future stud....

I like him but not as much as some posters seem to go on and on about him.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
Ok how is this.

Are you daft?

I clearly said, and I quote:

I'm not as high on Baj as the rest of the happy-pants posters around here, but if we are going to bring up a righty, he oughta be the guy.

Is it really that difficult to follow? Maybe I'm not making myself clear this morning. Funny how both Jabroni and 101 know exactly what I was getting at, but you failed to comprehend my logic.