UK Memo: there was very little post-war planning

KipWellsFan

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...emo-050612.html

A briefing paper written for British Prime Minister Tony Blair eight months before Iraq was invaded warned the United States was giving "little thought" to a postwar occupation, a news report says.

The eight-page document suggested that top British officials thought Washington was determined to invade Iraq but had done very little planning for "the aftermath and how to shape it," the Washington Post reported on Sunday.

The White House reacted angrily to the report of the memo.

"There was significant post-war planning," said spokesman David Almacy, according to the Associated Press.

"More importantly, the memo in question was written eight months before the war began; there was significant post-war planning in the time that elapsed."

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
Wow...when the WaPo is considered "Ultra-Liberal"...wow, i'm just left to shake my head.

I think he was engaging in a little of ye olde sarcasm because a lot of people here demean the NYT for being a "mouthpiece of the left" (all the while proclaiming Fox News is fair and balanced).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
Wow...when the WaPo is considered "Ultra-Liberal"...wow, i'm just left to shake my head.

I'm just warning everyone that this is probably just a smear campaign against the Bush administration because everyone at the Post has a get Bush out of the White House agenda.

:P

Ah, ok...so if that wasn't in the title...then the "Ultra liberal" part would have been in green. Ok, i get it.

Sadly, there are more than enough people who would call the WaPo "Ultra Liberal" that I actually believed it to be the truth.