Not what I would call "heartwarming"..

Steff

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 07:18 AM)
What is most troubling is that at the same time the government is making it easier for big busines to default on their promises in bankruptcy scenarios, they are making it much harder for individuals to seek bankruptcy protection.  This will be an incredibly painful irony for all the individuals whose retirement savings are wiped out by irresponsible big businesses that are given a free pass when the restrictions are tightened up and the individuals can't file for protection.

Why the country is not up in arms about this double standard I can't even fathom.

This is what happens when the governmental power is shifted too much to the Republican side. Of course, if it was the Democrats, there'd be a whole nest of other issues getting rammed down our throats.

There was a 9/11 widow on Stern about a year ago. She was now an out of control drug-using party girl. She had this leech of a boyfriend with her, who had actually abused her. It was a mess. They talked about doing crack together and drugs with her 18-year old daughter. And she was funding her activities with 9/11 money.

Now, I don't know how I would be if I went through this...but I can't see letting my life turn into that. I could see a period of alcohol abuse, but eventually I would need to straighten out or get professional help.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 07:18 AM)
What is most troubling is that at the same time the government is making it easier for big busines to default on their promises in bankruptcy scenarios, they are making it much harder for individuals to seek bankruptcy protection.  This will be an incredibly painful irony for all the individuals whose retirement savings are wiped out by irresponsible big businesses that are given a free pass when the restrictions are tightened up and the individuals can't file for protection.

Why the country is not up in arms about this double standard I can't even fathom.

I would guess those that would be up in arms about it most are the ones that are on the brink of financial ruins and have to file BK.. I just wonder if they have any more fight left in them. I can't even imagine.. it must be devistating.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)
This is what happens when the governmental power is shifted too much to the Republican side.  Of course, if it was the Democrats, there'd be a whole nest of other issues getting rammed down our throats.

Ain't the two party system a grand thing? :angry:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Ain't the two party system a grand thing?  :angry:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
Yes.  For the Democrats and the Republicans.

Which is why the American public never allows one party too much power for very long. However introducing a third strong party would make things worse. Imagine the grid lock with a third party wanting a taste :headshake

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:59 AM)
Which is why the American public never allows one party too much power for very long. However introducing a third strong party would make things worse. Imagine the grid lock with a third party wanting a taste  :headshake

That's why the whole place would be way better off if y'all just did things my way. :D

Annual beer expenses would be tax deductable, that's for sure...

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:59 AM)
Which is why the American public never allows one party too much power for very long. However introducing a third strong party would make things worse. Imagine the grid lock with a third party wanting a taste  :headshake

Maybe at first, but it would actually force compromise instead of one side ramming their agenda down the others throats as quick as they can like it has been for the past 80 years or so. I think it would be a great thing. It could also bring the parties back into line with reality.