Quack, quack.. part 2.

Steff

I don't think I followed up on the duck that laid her eggs in front of our house.. but she laid 2 and then never came back.. turns out she went to the neighbors.. laid 22 eggs and 19 hatched last Saturday. Anyway.. we put down new mulch and along comes a different duck.. sat down in the mulch right next to the front walkway and started doing her business. She's been there every day and even sits there while the sprinklers hit her in the head. She's got 10 in there as of this morning.. so.. I think these ones will hatch. Pretty cool watching her out there. I leave her bread every morning but she doesn't budge. And she stays there while we walk right by her. Pretty neat. I can't wait till they hatch..

• 4 weeks later...

The ducklings hatched last night.. 9 of the 11 and they are sooooo cute. This morning she let us walk right up to them to check them out then I gave her some seed. After a few minutes she "quack, quacked" and they got up and marched behind her to the lack out back. Amazing..