Prince Fielder

RockRaines

roto

The Brewers have decided to call up Prince Fielder to act as a designated hitter this week.

This never would have happened had Russell Branyan been healthy, but as is, the Brewers don't have any great options at DH. Fielder will return to the minors as soon as the week is over.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
I expect him to be overwhelmed this week but it must be nice for the Brew fans to see the future this week. Rickie Weeks might win the NL ROY, in my opinion

tough to say, barmes still deserves a chance at the title

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
I've been looking forward to this call-up for awhile now.  I have been mezmorized with the Brewers system for a few years, waiting to see these cats at the big league level.

Unfortunately, it comes at Branyan's expense--a guy I just love to watch.

wish i could watch him play live, i am however really looking forward to bj upton and delmon young, and im yet to see weeks in live action, should be interesting to watch these young players come up

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
wish i could watch him play live, i am however really looking forward to bj upton and delmon young, and im yet to see weeks in live action, should be interesting to watch these young players come up

I'm not so sure about Upton. 25 errors in AAA so far. AWFUL!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Yes, but he was also hitting much worse than that earlier this year (I think .220 or below) and has come on significantly in the last few weeks.

That's true, but I still think it will take him a while to be ML ready. I'm not saying I doubt his abilities, just that he's not ready yet.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
all I can think about is that huge jack he hit off of us in ST to straight center field, damn

I was at that game and it was maybe the fartherst I have ever seen someone hit a baseball in my entire life. It was absolutely crushed. Not only was it straight to center field, that wall he hit it over is enormous.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
I'm not so sure about Upton. 25 errors in AAA so far. AWFUL!

That's true, but I still think it will take him a while to be ML ready. I'm not saying I doubt his abilities, just that he's not ready yet.

Upton is a very good shortstop, he just worries too much about gunning the ball over to first base. And as of late, his defense has improved significantly. The Devil Rays will keep him at SS and will have two future stars in Young and Upton.

Andy Marte was also recently called up by the Braves.

QUOTE(OfficerKarkovice @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
I was at that game and it was maybe the fartherst I have ever seen someone hit a baseball in my entire life.  It was absolutely crushed.  Not only was it straight to center field, that wall he hit it over is enormous.

I agree, that thing was crushed. I remember thinking, oh s***, he's gonna have ALOT of those some day.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
all I can think about is that huge jack he hit off of us in ST to straight center field, damn

Prince had several Bombs against the Barons last year including a couple to center and a 482 Foot blast agaist Arnie Munoz.