Do you think the Sox should

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
If we are talking trades with the Giants that aren't going to happen, what about "The Fonz."  Plays third, pretty good bat, pretty good defense.  NOt as much power, but that's ok.

I heard he hit the DL today.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
has their been any rumors in chicago about the Sox making a trade since Marte is injured.

Marte is day to day and there haven't been many rumors at all concerning a White SOx trade. I know Ozzie has been quoted in the past as saying he wasn't necessarily for a trade because he doesn't want to mess with the team chemistry.

Personally I think they will make a trade, but Ozzie's quote leads me to believe if, and when, they make a deal its going to be an impact trade. Ozzie isn't going to want to bring in a mediocre guy that will not make a marked difference to the club. He's not going to want to take the shot that it messes with the chemistry. However, an impact guy, your willing to take that shot cause it makes the team a lot better for both the stretch run and hopefully the playoff run.

Eric Chavez fits that bill, a real good reliever fits that bill. However a mediocre or average reliever probably wouldn't, considering the Sox have some other in house options when it comes to that. Eddie Guardado is a guy that would be the type of guy the Sox could take a shot at acquiring because he would be a big time addition to the pen.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:09 AM)
I've been out of town, what happened to Marte?

He strained his bicep while pitching the other night. Did not get in enough warmup pitches as the Sox went down 1-2-3 on 5 pitches.