Lance Broadway signs

WHarris1

He threw out the first pitch tonight at the game - bizarre throw...

They announced that he would be starting at Winston Salem and he had agreed to terms.

Broadway, the 15th overall pick in the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, signed on the dotted line Monday, receiving a $1.57 million signing bonus. Broadway made it clear during a conference call after his somewhat surprising selection that he would quickly be in the fold with the White Sox, and proved to be a man of his word.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
The Warthogs are going to have a very nice rotation real soon. Broadway, Gonzalez, Lumsden (when he gets back from injury) and Wes Whisler.

Yup, my friend is going to UNC in August and I told him he's going to get to see a ton of good pitching prospects when he goes to Winston Salem. That's going to be a fun team to watch no matter who's out on the mound.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
Yup, my friend is going to UNC in August and I told him he's going to get to see a ton of good pitching prospects when he goes to Winston Salem.  That's going to be a fun team to watch no matter who's out on the mound.

Really our starting pitching depth is really looking huge right now, compared to 2 years ago. Honel's coming back in AA (although he still has a LONG way to go) and so is Corwin Malone, Sean Tracey's had a good year, B-Mac in AAA, Ray Liotta has dominated in Kanny, it's looking good.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
Really our starting pitching depth is really looking huge right now, compared to 2 years ago. Honel's coming back in AA (although he still has a LONG way to go) and so is Corwin Malone, Sean Tracey's had a good year, B-Mac in AAA, Ray Liotta has dominated in Kanny, it's looking good.

No doubt and hopefully Tyler and Wes can both get and stay healthy and show what they can do. Pitching depth has definitely become the strength of our system along with the outfield depth.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)

Don't forget about Gio!

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 07:36 AM)
Don't forget about Gio!

Plus Liotta. The Sox are also gonna be piggybacking Broadway so I'd say there is a decent shot they'll do something early on where Broadway starts and Lumsden comes in and finishes stuff out in relief. They'll have to ease Tyler back from his injury, but he'll be back around the ASB.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
Plus Liotta.  The Sox are also gonna be piggybacking Broadway so I'd say there is a decent shot they'll do something early on where Broadway starts and Lumsden comes in and finishes stuff out in relief.  They'll have to ease Tyler back from his injury, but he'll be back around the ASB.

I hadn't heard anything in a while, how old is that info? It's consistent with what we heard a month or 2 ago...

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
I hadn't heard anything in a while, how old is that info?  It's consistent with what we heard a month or 2 ago...

Ya, he mentioned it about a week ago that he's still on pace for the ASB. In fact I can't remember for sure but I think he said he was gonna be leaving Arizona pretty quick and heading up to join the team in the next week or so, but I could be wrong.

First rounders signing status:

1. Justin Upton ss Arizona Diamondbacks

2. Alex Gordon 3b Kansas City Royals

3. Jeff Clement c Seattle Mariners

4. Ryan Zimmerman 3b Washington Nationals

5. Ryan Braun 3b Milwaukee Brewers

6. Ricky Romero lhp Toronto Blue Jays

7. Troy Tulowitzki ss Colorado Rockies

8. Wade Townsend rhp Tampa Bay Devil Rays Signed 6/10

9. Mike Pelfrey rhp New York Mets

10. Cameron Maybin of Detroit Tigers

11. Andrew McCutchen of Pittsburgh Pirates Signed 6/13

12. Jay Bruce of Cincinnati Reds

13. Brandon Snyder c Baltimore Orioles Signed 6/13

14. Trevor Crowe of Cleveland Indians

15. Lance Broadway rhp Chicago White Sox Signed 6/13

16. Chris Volstad rhp Florida Marlins

17. C.J. Henry ss New York Yankees

18. Cesar Carrillo rhp San Diego Padres

19. John Mayberry of Texas Rangers

20. Mark Pawelek lhp Chicago Cubs Signed 6/7

21. Cliff Pennington ss Oakland Athletics Signed 6/8

22. Aaron Thompson lhp Florida Marlins

23. Jacoby Ellsbury of Boston Red Sox

24. Brian Bogusevic lhp Houston Astros

25. Matt Garza rhp Minnesota Twins Signed 6/13

26. Craig Hansen rhp Boston Red Sox

27. Joey Devine rhp Atlanta Braves Signed 6/8

28. Colby Rasmus of St. Louis Cardinals

29. Jacob Marceaux rhp Florida Marlins

30. Tyler Greene ss St. Louis Cardinals

31. Matt Torra rhp Arizona Diamondbacks

32. Chaz Roe rhp Colorado Rockies

33. John Drennen of Cleveland Indians

34. Ryan Tucker rhp Florida Marlins

35. Cesar Ramos lhp San Diego Padres

36. Travis Buck of Oakland Athletics

37. Trevor Bell rhp Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

38. Eli Iorg of Houston Astros

39. Henry Sanchez 1b Minnesota Twins

40. Luke Hochevar rhp Los Angeles Dodgers

41. Beau Jones lhp Atlanta Braves Signed 6/8

42. Clay Buchholz rhp Boston Red Sox

43. Mark McCormick rhp St. Louis Cardinals

44. Sean West lhp Florida Marlins

45. Jed Lowrie 2b Boston Red Sox

46. Tyler Herron rhp St. Louis Cardinals

47. Michael Bowden rhp Boston Red Sox

48. Garret Olson lhp Baltimore Orioles

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
The Warthogs are going to have a very nice rotation real soon. Broadway, Gonzalez, Lumsden (when he gets back from injury) and Wes Whisler.

Don't forget Dizard, Haigwood and Haeger. Due to his workload from college and the solid staff that the Hogs already have, I would bet that Broadway would work primarily out of the bullpen for a bit.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Zimmerman has signed as well for 2.975 million I believe. Tulowitzki, Bruce and Rasmus signed as well.

Yeah I just realized I missed a few. Lemme go back and fix.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Don't forget Dizard, Haigwood and Haeger. Due to his workload from college and the solid staff that the Hogs already have, I would bet that Broadway would work primarily out of the bullpen for a bit.

doubtful, you dont pay a guy 1.5 mil and take him 15th overall to pitch out of the pen when you drafted him to be a starter

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
doubtful, you dont pay a guy 1.5 mil and take him 15th overall to pitch out of the pen when you drafted him to be a starter

He's already logged 110+ innings this year. I'm willing to bet the Sox will be very careful with him and limit his innings pitched in fear of overworking him.