6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

QUOTE(bulokis @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
I know its a long shot but how about Oliver Perez, he is struggling but maybe he can find his stroke after a change of scenery.

There is no way in hell the Pirates are going to trade Oliver Perez. He is heating up now and he is going to be a great strikeout pitcher in the near future.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
The one guy from the bullpen I wouldn't mind seeing traded is Marte...he is a total enigma..one day unhittable and the next getting rocked....the only problem is who do they get to replace him in the pen and who will trade a lefty for him...I would love to see Guardado but not sure if Seattle would trade him or not...

Of course thye would love to trade him, he too has a no trade, plus I don't know if he is completely healthy. Cuddyer with a broken bat base hit to lead off the inning.

The bright spots of the game were Shingo seemed to find the plate more and looked relaxed and confiedent, Vizcaino was ok, and Cotts did his job.

I think Marte will be headed to the DL. Maybe we could see Baj up here soon.

I dont know whats up with Hernandez...guess it was the pitch count and the fact that he allowed like 3runs on 7 hits.

Here's something to think about... If Shingo was Shingo of last year and a reliable closer

then we wouldnt have a problem right NOW except for Marte's injury BUT now we gotta seek MORE help in the bullpen and after these two outings, Im afraid we'll need to get

some help in the rotation as well. All was good the beginning of the season with these two guys(Hernandez and Count) but now its starting to get frustrating.

Of course thye would love to trade him, he too has a no trade, plus I don't know if he is completely healthy. Cuddyer with a broken bat base hit to lead off the inning.

Your commentary on the Giants-Twins game is eerily akin to that Three Stooges episode where Curly wishes for everything (cigar, roast chicken and mashed potatoes, etc.). Then they can't decide who is driving the new car and it careens toward the edge of the cliff ... whereupon Curly says calmly,

"Don't look now, but I think we're about to be killed!"

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
The bright spots of the game were Shingo seemed to find the plate more and looked relaxed and confiedent, Vizcaino was ok, and Cotts did his job. 

I think Marte will be headed to the DL.  Maybe we could see Baj up here soon.

I dont know whats up with Hernandez...guess it was the pitch count and the fact that he allowed like 3runs on 7 hits.

Here's something to think about... If Shingo was Shingo of last year and a reliable closer

then we wouldnt have a problem right NOW except for Marte's injury BUT now we gotta  seek MORE help in the bullpen and after these two outings,  Im afraid we'll need to get

some help in the rotation as well.  All was good the beginning of the season with these two guys(Hernandez and Count) but now its starting to get frustrating.

let me ask, has anyone seen Baj pitch other than those living in that state? I mean really, don't you think if he was that good he would have at least been mentioned by scouts and our managment? I just don't think we need to get excited about this guy. Game over twins win on abloop hit.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
let me ask, has anyone seen Baj pitch other than those living in that state? I mean really, don't you think if he was that good he would have at least been mentioned by scouts and our managment? I just don't think we need to get excited about this guy. Game over twins win on abloop hit.

Baj has good numbers, but unless he's improved his stuff and command, I don't think he's going to help this team.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
Typical Twins victory there...sheesh

Not only that, but we lost ground to just about every possible wild card team. Also, the Indians seem to have found their hitting shoes. That team had too many weapons to struggle all season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Twins win on a blooper by S. Stewart.  That noise you hear is the SOS signal coming from US Cellular.

The Tigers/injuns and twins all gain a game.

Injuns are 9 back and are now starting to hit.

We however, still cant hit. Outside of solo home runs.

Corpseball 2005, If our pitching doesnt shut the offense down....we are f***ed

Yay Twins win. Now rant time.

Our offense makes me so f***ing sick. Not gonna rely on the HR this year...my ass. We are gonna see a lot of CGs this year because we have 0 patience. You see our guys at 90 pitches through 5 while their counterpart has 60. :puke

The demise of El Duque? We all knew the WHIP would get him someday. Has that day come?

Twins are hard charging meanwhile we lose the first 2 of a long homestand where 8 W's is a must. :)

Come on Jon gotta salvage a game or else I will really snap.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Baj has good numbers, but unless he's improved his stuff and command, I don't think he's going to help this team.

many times numbers in the minors don't carry over, which is why I don't think the comes to play with this team, in addition nobody mentions him in trade scenerios, therefore, the guy will be a minor league pitcher and should be eliminated from a playoff contending team.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Yay Twins win.  Now rant time.

Our offense makes me so f***ing sick.  Not gonna rely on the HR this year...my ass.  We are gonna see a lot of CGs this year because we have 0 patience.  You see our guys at 90 pitches through 5 while their counterpart has 60.  :puke

The demise of El Duque?  We all knew the WHIP would get him someday.  Has that day come?

Twins are hard charging meanwhile we lose the first 2 of a long homestand where 8 W's is a must.  :)

Come on Jon gotta salvage a game or else I will really snap.

If our hitters and that dolt of a hitting coach keep f***ing with swings when they are good this offense will be dead. The only thing that has been keep our offense going over the last month is Pods/Gooch and Arow. Arow and Gooch are now pull happy. Its ironic and all because that is totally against our hitting philosophy.

I have little confidence that we can put together a good gameplan right now. Our guys are swinging for the fences. This is evident on the number of strikeouts opposing pitching has been putting on us lately. Forget shortening the swing and all, swing for the fences. Last year we would look like world beaters for a game and then struggle to score runs. Our runs were only scored on homers usually of the solo variety. Kind of sounds familiar. When we were in pitching duels in Colorado for the 1st two games we should of known this anemic offense was near a nice streak of crap. Then Byung Yung Kim shuts us down for a while, and that Stauffer guy shuts us down so we only score 1 run.

many times numbers in the minors don't carry over, which is why I don't think the comes to play with this team, in addition nobody mentions him in trade scenerios, therefore, the guy will be a minor league pitcher and should be eliminated from a playoff contending team.

Well, if he's not brought up soon, with those eye popping numbers he's got, then it says loud and clear the Sox don't think he can cut it.

He's got a live arm and is finally fully recovered from Tommy John. My question is can he consistently throw strikes and I wonder if Sox brass thinks the same way.

He might be an option but I am convinced they need a lefty.

If our pitching doesnt shut the offense down....we are f***ed

Thats whats been getting me worried, Count and Hernandez doing the exact opposite.

They always keep the game at an unbearable pace and throw too many pitches in the at bat. I wish the would be like Garland and try it Buerhle style, you'll be better off throwing strikes plus the defense won't fall asleep on you. LEARN IT.

I dont know what Contreras' problem is, he is obiviously stubborn cause Coop and Ozzie tell him use the fastball use the fastball and he seems to always find his way back to a forkball that he is hoping the hitter will go through it. I give him his props on his good outings though, its hit or miss with this guy. Just give us a solid 5-6 innings and you can earn your 8 mil. :angry: sheesh

My suggestion to these guys is take a look at Garland.