6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
Unless we have massive injuries, if we make the playoffs, I don't want Duque close to pitching in a playoff game.  Am I the only one that thinks he just has nothing left?  Dear lord, that's now 12 baserunners he's allowed in 4.1 innings tonight.

he is done...

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
f*** this.  Duque f***ing blows.  We'd be better off with him on the DL.  We're going to need a new 5th starter.

Like B-Mac who's not ready?

Duque's won 7 games, he's not getting replaced.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
he is done...

Yep, but people will still point to his record and try to suggest how great he's been for the Sox. Stop looking at his win-loss record, he's been about 4 pitches away from being 4-6 this season.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
well, we come home and lose two straight due to our pitchers. Its just nuts. This is getting out of hand right now. What the hell is Ozzie thinking

Maybe our pitchers are coming back to reality? I don't expect Contreras to pitch as bad as he did last night, but we couldn't have expected a lot of these guys to maintain ERAs in the low to mid 3s. This team is going to have to start hitting in order to have a chance at the playoffs.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
apparently it's time for a jump off the bandwagon thread.... :roll:

Funny thing is that even before Duque started giving up runs by the second, some of us were saying he was done with. Now that he's gotten shelled (again), people assume we're ready to jump off the bandwagon. The only bandwagon I'm on is that we're going to need another starting pitcher by the trade deadline.

Listen I don't mind marching him out there every 5 days, I do care that Ozzie has no feel. the sox tied it up, and Elduque's pitch count was in the 80's. They just came off a killing yesterday and everything is flying out of the park. As soon as they scored he should have been pulled to keep it a one run game.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
this game is over

The bullpen has to hold em to 6- thats all. We have 4 innings to score 4 runs for the win. I'm not giving up yet.

Its kind of crazy- when Contreras sucks- El-duque sucks, when Contreras pitches well- El-duque pitches well. Are they attached to the hip? :angry:

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
Listen I don't mind marching him out there every 5 days, I do care that Ozzie has no feel. the sox tied it up, and Elduque's pitch count was in the 80's. They just came off a killing yesterday and everything is flying out of the park. As soon as they scored he should have been pulled to keep it a one run game.

Like I said earlier, the DBacks are an awful match-up for a lot of our starters, especially Duque. With all their good lefties, Duque didn't have a good chance at a quality start tonight. What does hurt was how Glaus really hurt Duque that inning.