MOTHERF*CKING B*TCHASS DIPSHIT PASSIONLESS SOX!!!!

BridgeportHeather

I hope it's Mark. I'm really not liking seeing him struggle (and that might be the wrong word...). It's like he's up there with something on the brain. I've heard him say many times when he's on the mound he doesn't even think about pitching. He reads the signs and throws. Lately he just looks like he's thinking about something. HSC.. any insite on this one? And it's not consistant during the game either. It's like a split second - which as we all know can cost us the game.

In my gut I think it'll be tonight. Colon likes to win. He is as intense as I've seen a pitcher in a long time. He was not happy with his performance in Baltimore.. I think we'll see him on fire tonight.

So maybe I'll get my wish and both of them will win!

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my gut I think it'll be tonight. Colon likes to win. He is as intense as I've seen a pitcher in a long time. He was not happy with his performance in Baltimore.. I think we'll see him on fire tonight.

So maybe I'll get my wish and both of them will win!

Well we don't want Jon to feel left out.

Let's just let em all win. :)

Wow, what a thread. Simply amazing. A couple comments:

1) Speed is NOT a necessity to have a winning baseball team anymore. The top 4 teams in Sb's last year were Florida, KC, Seattle, and Montreal. Oakland finished dead last, and San Francisco finished 22nd. The DBacks in 2001 were about as slow as they come, and none of the great Yankees teams since 1996 were loaded with basestealers. Speed can win you games, but not titles.

2) I would not be surprised at all if Manuel gets fired should the Sox not post a respectable record after the Oakland and Seattle series'. This team is severely lacking focus, and that is one occasion where the manager is absolutely responsible.

3) I'm not sure if the Sox have no heart, but they sure are stupid. They make NO adjustments at the plate. How many times did you see a Sox player hit a check-swing roller against Mays the other night? When the TWins brought in Santana Saturday, he struck out about 4 guys on the same exact pitch--an inside changeup. Every pitcher in baseball knows that Frank won't swing at the first pitch--EVER. When a pitcher has your number, or things aren't going right because the same sequence of events keeps happening, CHANGE SOMETHING! Mix it up a bit, the worst thing you can be when you're a pro athlete is overly predictable--other pros can and will find ways to beat you if they know exactly what you're tendencies are.

I guess that's my version of venting. Beat Oakland.

Wow, what a thread.  Simply amazing.  A couple comments:

1) Speed is NOT a necessity to have a winning baseball team anymore.  The top 4 teams in Sb's last year were Florida, KC, Seattle, and Montreal.  Oakland finished dead last, and San Francisco finished 22nd.  The DBacks in 2001 were about as slow as they come, and none of the great Yankees teams since 1996 were loaded with basestealers.  Speed can win you games, but not titles.

2) I would not be surprised at all if Manuel gets fired should the Sox not post a respectable record after the Oakland and Seattle series'.  This team is severely lacking focus, and that is one occasion where the manager is absolutely responsible. 

3) I'm not sure if the Sox have no heart, but they sure are stupid.  They make NO adjustments at the plate.  How many times did you see a Sox player hit a check-swing roller against Mays the other night?  When the TWins brought in Santana Saturday, he struck out about 4 guys on the same exact pitch--an inside changeup.  Every pitcher in baseball knows that Frank won't swing at the first pitch--EVER.  When a pitcher has your number, or things aren't going right because the same sequence of events keeps happening, CHANGE SOMETHING! Mix it up a bit, the worst thing you can be when you're a pro athlete is overly predictable--other pros can and will find ways to beat you if they know exactly what you're tendencies are.

I guess that's my version of venting.  Beat Oakland.

LOL cmon dude, anyone can twist numbers to support their point. The angels won the world series last year, and they had team speed. The yanks won many, and they had decent speed. The only truth in that entire paragraph is that Arizona lacked team speed. Well the sox dont have Randy and Curt. Also, i think youll be hard pressed to find many champions who finished last in steals, like the sox are going to. LOL, its amazing with what some come up with. :rolleyes:

Wow, what a thread.  Simply amazing.  A couple comments:

1) Speed is NOT a necessity to have a winning baseball team anymore.  The top 4 teams in Sb's last year were Florida, KC, Seattle, and Montreal.  Oakland finished dead last, and San Francisco finished 22nd.  The DBacks in 2001 were about as slow as they come, and none of the great Yankees teams since 1996 were loaded with basestealers.  Speed can win you games, but not titles.

2) I would not be surprised at all if Manuel gets fired should the Sox not post a respectable record after the Oakland and Seattle series'.  This team is severely lacking focus, and that is one occasion where the manager is absolutely responsible. 

3) I'm not sure if the Sox have no heart, but they sure are stupid.  They make NO adjustments at the plate.  How many times did you see a Sox player hit a check-swing roller against Mays the other night?  When the TWins brought in Santana Saturday, he struck out about 4 guys on the same exact pitch--an inside changeup.  Every pitcher in baseball knows that Frank won't swing at the first pitch--EVER.  When a pitcher has your number, or things aren't going right because the same sequence of events keeps happening, CHANGE SOMETHING! Mix it up a bit, the worst thing you can be when you're a pro athlete is overly predictable--other pros can and will find ways to beat you if they know exactly what you're tendencies are.

I guess that's my version of venting.  Beat Oakland.

LOL cmon dude, anyone can twist numbers to support their point. The angels won the world series last year, and they had team speed. The yanks won many, and they had decent speed. The only truth in that entire paragraph is that Arizona lacked team speed. Well the sox dont have Randy and Curt. Also, i think youll be hard pressed to find many champions who finished last in steals, like the sox are going to. LOL, its amazing with what some come up with. :rolleyes:

I'm not twisting any numbers, they are what they are. Since 1996, here is where each year's WS winner ranked in terms of SB's:

1996: 26th

1997: 16th

1998: 4th

1999: 21st

2000: 13th

2001: 23rd

2002: 5th

So, you have twice in the last 7 years where the champ even ranked in the top 10, and one of those temas was the 98 Yankees, which pretty much led the league in everything, and the 2002 Angels, who are obviously a fluke. Speed can help, but I sure don't think it's absolutely essential for a championship team, and the the numbers support that.

ALL RIGHT, AFTER SEEING THAT HALF-ASSED b**** ASS MOTHERf***ING PISS-POOR EXCUSE FOR A RALLY IN THE f***ING LATE INNINGS, I JUST WANT TO KICK SOME b**** ASS HORSE CUM DRINKING DILDO EATING SONOFAb****ES RIGHT NOW!!!

WHAT THE f*** HAPPENED TO "SMALL BALL???????????'

ALL RIGHT, AFTER SEEING THAT HALF-ASSED b**** ASS MOTHERf***ING PISS-POOR EXCUSE FOR A RALLY IN THE f***ING LATE INNINGS, I JUST WANT TO KICK SOME b**** ASS HORSE CUM DRINKING DILDO EATING SONOFAb****ES RIGHT NOW!!!

WHAT THE f*** HAPPENED TO "SMALL BALL???????????'

WE HAVE NO f***ING SPEED!!!! WE ARE GOING TO LOSE THESE TYPE OF GAMES OVER AND OVER AND OVER. :angry:

2-4 in one run games..the key for this team will be to get the lead early and build on it..stay away from close games were manufacturing runs are important...im beginning to believe if we dont start scoring 5 runs a game it could be a long year..even with the good pitching

This team can play small ball, but if it can't I'm buying into my new theory.

You move Thomas or Konerko to save salary. That money goes towards paying Buehrle and Colon. Then you let Borchard and Harris play in the outfield with Daubach getting ab's as well. You now have a really quick outfield that is going to have a hell of a lot of range. You got a quick lineup that is way more balanced and most importantly you have your pithcing staff locked up and have to hope that you can develop another ace or two and then you'll be all set.

You move Thomas or Konerko to save salary. That money goes towards paying Buehrle and Colon.  Then you let Borchard and Harris play in the outfield with Daubach getting ab's as well. You now have a really quick outfield that is going to have a hell of a lot of range.  You got a quick lineup that is way more balanced and most importantly you have your pithcing staff locked up and have to hope that you can develop another ace or two and then you'll be all set.

I dislike movng Frank. I could move PK the way he is playing.

For the rest of your proposal, interesting and I shall reflect on it.

You move Thomas or Konerko to save salary. That money goes towards paying Buehrle and Colon.  Then you let Borchard and Harris play in the outfield with Daubach getting ab's as well. You now have a really quick outfield that is going to have a hell of a lot of range.  You got a quick lineup that is way more balanced and most importantly you have your pithcing staff locked up and have to hope that you can develop another ace or two and then you'll be all set.

MB is not going to resign with the Sox. To me that is completely obvious. He is outta here in '06, unless we trade him sooner.

Guest wsc425

My My My....I think we need to settle down.

Number 1.

Minnesota was a one year wonder.

Number 2.

The Sox have to explode sometime.

Number 3.

Who are we b****ing about in perticular?

Number 4.

KW...Guys c'mon. He's staying, no doubt about however we complain.

Number 5.

Lets break out tonight against Mulder!!! :bringit you piece of s*** A's!!! :bang

YEAH! :cheers :cheers :cheers YEAH!

Don't forget we did have some bright points last night. Aaron getting the RBI base hit going the other way. Pauly had two hits last night against Zito including a double. The pitching and defense were solid (except for Rowands overpersuit of Singletons ball in CF)

I don't mind losing to Oakland 3-2. Now if this kind of stuff happens against the Detroits of the world, then I get upset.

Guest wsc425

Excellent Post. Guys c'mon. ITS THE AL WEST TEAMS! They are very good! Let me remind you that Tejada and others are likely to be traded before the July 31st deadline.

1.0-Tejada will be gone.

1.1-Hatteberg is likely to cool off.

1.2-Seattle is coming to town and has been playing 'decent' or so to speak as of late.

1.3-Why are we all complaining? This will be the lineup VERY SOON

2B-Jimenez-This guy isn't the answer.

SS-Valentin officially over to Miles during the deadline.

DH-Thomas will FIND HIS SWING! He is due to break out soon, and big hitters have a history of this. Sosa has the same problem

RF-Ordonez-Man this guy is great.

LF-Lee-Eh...

1b-Konerko-Hey, what is up with Paulie?

3b-Crede-He is the answer. He can break out at any minute. Show him the money.

CF-Borchard-Not the Answer

C-Olivo-Not the answer

2-4 in one run games..the key for this team will be to get the lead early and build on it..stay away from close games were manufacturing runs are important...im beginning to believe if we dont start scoring 5 runs a game it could be a long year..even with the good pitching

I thought we were 1-5 or even 0-6 in one run games. But guess not.

Bottom line, we need to learn how to manufacture runs, and we need to learn REAL soon if we wanna stay in it.