MOTHERF*CKING B*TCHASS DIPSHIT PASSIONLESS SOX!!!!

BridgeportHeather

Guest hotsoxchick1

what true speed... hell miguel is fast and racked up a ton of stolen bases in the minors.. im sure he didnt loose that speed when he came up here.....jimenez is fast.. manos is fast, rios......come on what true speed.........we have the speed here we just need to get it on base and move it over once in a while..............

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what true speed... hell miguel is fast and racked up a ton of stolen bases in the minors.. im sure he didnt loose that speed when he came up here.....jimenez is fast.. manos is fast, rios......come on what true speed.........we have the speed here we just need to get it on base and move it over once in a while..............

I dont want to start a fight with you, but that post lacked insight. The sox have one of the slowest lineups in the game.

Guys with above average speed on the White Sox ...

Miguel Olivo (especially for a catcher). In fact, he may be the fastest on the team right now.

Jose Valentin

That's it. Lee, Rowand, Ordonez, Jimenez, Rios, Graff ... average speed.

Alomar, Konerko, Thomas, Daubach, Crede ... below average speed.

The lineup lacks true speed, and to compound matters, the guys w/average speed are rarely put in motion to put pressure on the other team. Seems to me the only guts they seem to show on the basepaths is tagging from 3rd on a sacrifice fly.

Guest hotsoxchick1

so who did we get rid of that hasnt been replaced that was so damn fast.. please give me your list.........im interested in seeing it.........

so who did we get rid of that hasnt been replaced that was so damn fast.. please give me your list.........im interested in seeing it.........

Well let me first state that i dont mind that they got rid of these two players, because they werent great team players, but if youre going to get rid of your two best base stealers, you need to replace them. Lofton and durham.

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah durham was fast espically on a non "lazy ray day".... .. lofton only played his brains out in april and then droped dead for the rest of the season.... while i miss ray ray i could care less if lofton dropped off the face of the earth.. i was most likely the only one here who was against getting him from the get go and .. of course.. i was right.....(oh ye all have little faith in me when i call something)........lol......... anyhow i dont see what your complaint about speed is.. we gave up two and replaced it with another two who are just as good (speed wise) and possibly perked up a few more we already had in the process........all of our true speed isnt gone it just needs a fire lit under it to get it going........

yeah durham was fast espically on a non "lazy ray day".... .. lofton only played his brains out in april and then droped dead for the rest of the season.... while i miss ray ray i could care less if lofton dropped off the face of the earth.. i was most likely the only one here who was against getting him from the get go and .. of course.. i was right.....(oh ye all have little faith in me when i call something)........lol......... anyhow i dont see what your complaint about speed is.. we gave up two and replaced it with another two who are just as good (speed wise) and possibly perked up a few more we already  had  in the process........all of our true speed isnt gone it just needs a fire lit under it to get it going........

Im sorry but rowand and jimenez are not base stealers. Nor is anyone on the sox. Our leading base stealer may have less than 20 steals. That is sick and just provides more evidence of the lack of talent on this team.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Im sorry but rowand and jimenez are not base stealers.  Nor is anyone on the sox.  Our leading base stealer may have less than 20 steals.  That is sick and just provides more evidence of the lack of talent on this team.

olivo is a base stealer... he was one of the tops in the southern league last year.......not very often you can find a catcher with his speed.......jose , maggs, jimenez rios, even lee from time to time all steal bases.........the key is they have to get on a few times before they can do it though............and at the present moment maggs has 3 jimenez has 2 and lee has 1....... not exactly stellar but......seems to me the focus hasnt really been on stealing much this season thus far as it has been in the past............

olivo is a base stealer... he was one of the tops in the southern league last year.......not very often you can find a catcher with his speed.......jose , maggs, jimenez rios, even lee from time to time all steal bases.........the key is they have to get on a few times before they can do it though............and at the present moment maggs has 3 jimenez has 2 and lee has 1....... not exactly stellar but......seems to me the focus hasnt really been on stealing much this season thus far as it has been in the past............

ummm olivo doesnt count until he is a regular. I think you are in denial. Go look up the American league stats for stolen bases, and im confident you will find the sox at or near the bottom. Its not going to change, they have NO speed.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Someone who loves stats, please look into this.  Take all 9 of the sox starting players and tell me who has the career high for steals for one season.  My guess is you will find the low 20s, at best.

ok heres the research your too lazy to find yourself..... :o lol.......

these are the career stolen bases thus far.. now mind you that alot of our guys have less than 5 years major level playing time..........i also provided lofton and durhams totals too.......of course they have been in the league longer than alot of our guys so their numbers are going to be higher.......dont foreget lofton only gave us 22 stolen bases before we dumped him.........

maggs 76

jimenez 10

paulie 3

valentin 109

thomas 32

lee 36

crede 1

rowand 5

alomar 25

olivo 1

rios 14

daubach 4

graff 23

durham 229

lofton 512...........

yeah we may not have a ton of them yet but the potiental is there..... so i dont see where our speed is totaly gone... its just young and will catch up to those you miss so much in due time............ :D

ok heres the research your too lazy to find yourself..... :o lol.......

these are the career stolen bases thus far.. now mind you that alot of our guys have less than 5 years major level playing time..........i also provided lofton and durhams totals too.......of course they have been in the league longer than alot of our guys so their numbers are going to be higher.......dont foreget lofton only gave us 22 stolen bases before we dumped him.........

maggs 76

jimenez 10

paulie 3

valentin 109

thomas 32

lee 36

crede 1

rowand 5

alomar 25

olivo 1

rios 14

daubach 4

graff 23

durham 229

lofton 512...........

yeah we may not have a ton of them yet but the potiental is there..... so i dont see where our speed is totaly gone... its just young and will catch up to those you miss so much in due time............ :D

Has ANY of those guys stolen 25 bases in one season? That spells major trouble. Sorry for the laziness, lol, but i am watching the nfl draft.

Guest hotsoxchick1
ummm olivo doesnt count until he is a regular.  I think you are in denial.  Go look up the American league stats for stolen bases, and im confident you will find the sox at or near the bottom.  Its not going to change, they have NO speed.

were about 24th right now for this season big freakin deal.. were not doing anything anyhow and its not because of loss of speed......... right now im too lazy to be chasing down the team record for a lifetime of stolen bases.....lol..........and to answer your question .. yea a few of them have had recorded 25 and the rest havent played a full season yet....... ;) get over it were not that bad speed wise.. its all the other s*** that we cant get done that we need to focus on..........

were about 24th right now for this season big freakin deal.. were not doing anything anyhow and its not because of loss of speed......... right now  im too lazy to be chasing down the team record for a lifetime  of stolen bases.....lol..........and to answer your question .. yea a few of them have had recorded 25 and the rest havent played a full season yet....... ;)  get over it were not that bad speed wise.. its all the other s*** that we cant get done that we need to focus on..........

If you know the game of baseball , and i think you do, you should realize that team speed is VITAL to winning baseball games. Its just another weapon we lack, similar to team defense.

Guest hotsoxchick1

you got to get on base to steal a base.............were not gettin on there and when we do were not giving the opportunities to steal.........offense is s***ty plain and simple............and speed really isnt our main sucking factor yet............. :D

you got to get on base to steal a base.............were not gettin on there and when we do were not giving the opportunities to steal.........offense is s***ty plain and simple............and speed really isnt our main sucking factor yet............. :D

Youre soooooooooooooooooo in denial. Its nice to use that excuse for our current rank in team steals. but the fact remains that noone in our lineup or on own team, has ever stolen many bases. WE DO NOT HAVE TEAM SPEED!! WHATSOEVER!! lol.... :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

and you dont get it.. what the f*** good is speed when your not getting on base to use it..............lol lol lol lol ............. :P .. capiche now????? :lolhitting

and you dont get it.. what the f*** good is speed when your not getting on base to use it..............lol lol lol lol ............. :P .. capise now?????  :lolhitting

Well that point is kinda uh, weird, lol. The sox will eventually get on base. IF they dont, theyre gonna win around 70, lol.

and you dont get it.. what the f*** good is speed when your not getting on base to use it..............lol lol lol lol ............. :P .. capiche now?????  :lolhitting

Oh and maybe if we had a major league player in CF, and an actually starting 2nd baseman at 2nd, we would get on base more often? Just a thought.

What it all comes down to is that the Sox are lacking MAJORLY in fundamental skills. They can't seem to get that bunt down that will advance a base runner (when we actually have one). The middle infield cannot stop the ball from passing them and going into the outfield if their lives depended on it!!! They allow one mistake to let them fall apart. They need to practice on their fundamentals before their ship will find any way to turn around.

What it all comes down to is that the Sox are lacking MAJORLY in fundamental skills.  They can't seem to get that bunt down that will advance a base runner (when we actually have one).  The middle infield cannot stop the ball from passing them and going into the outfield if their lives depended on it!!!  They allow one mistake to let them fall apart.  They need to practice on their fundamentals before their ship will find any way to turn around.

You can blame ALL of this on the manager.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Oh and maybe if we had a major league player in CF, and an actually starting 2nd baseman at 2nd, we would get on base more often?  Just a thought.

lofton not the answer... durham i miss but not at 8 mil i dont.........so what do you suggest or who do you suggest we put there??????? im all ears .. or shoud i say eyes in this instance.......lol............

lofton not the answer... durham i miss but  not at 8 mil i dont.........so what do you suggest or who do you suggest we put there??????? im all ears .. or shoud i say eyes in this instance.......lol............

Hey if i was THAT smart, i wouldnt be working for a living lol. I was all for trading those two cancers, durham and lofton. However, they needed a backup plan. Rowand and Jimenez are not major league answers.

Sure, I'd love the Sox to start playing smallball with steals, hit and runs, manufacturing runs etc....but we don't have that kind of team right now. Another one of KW's flaws.

OK so we dont have a smallball club, but we have power. We're supposed to be scoring 5 runs per game like the f***ing Rangers. But are we doing that?

Hell no, so right now, we're not doing anything f***ing right :fyou and theres basically nothing to argue about